The Most OP Eco Civilisation (Based on SotL’s Video)

Tech Tree: Teutons

Bonusses:

• Ressources last 15 % longer (Mayans)
  • Hunters work 40 % faster (Mongols)
  • Can build an additional TC in Feudal (Cumans)
  • Wheelbarrow, Hand Cart free (Vikings)
  • Military units cost 20 % less gold (Portuguese)

Unique Unit: War Elephant or Mangudai

Team bonus: Farms provide +45 Food (Chinese)

UT: Flemish Revolution + Farimba (or torsion engines or shinkishon or burgundian vineyards)

Why teutons? Because it’s the only civ with fu siege onager + bombard cannon and Paladin. It also has a good monastery, too. Only the lack of gold shaft mining hurts a bit. I’m torn about war eles and mangudai. Mangudai is for sure the better overall unit, but if we are talking about an eco civ, it might be able to spam war eles… who can stop that? ^^

I took away the chinese extra vills because I think mongols+mayans just synergize better with cumans extra tc.

1 Like

Tech Tree: Lithuanians

Civilization Bonuses:

• Wheelbarrow, Hand Cart free (Vikings)
  • Farm upgrades free (Franks)
  • Lumber camp upgrades free (Burmese)
  • Economic upgrades are available one Age earlier than other civilizations. (Burgundians) so im assuming that they’d instantly get the feudal age upgrades in dark age, and the castle age upgrades in feudal, etc.
  • Start game with three extra Villagers, but with -200 food and -50 wood. (Chinese)

Team Bonus:
Farms provide +45 Food (Chinese)

Unique Unit:
Keshik (Tatars)

Unique Techs:
Scutage (Sicilians)
Kasbah (Berbers)

EDIT: explanation
With the free early eco techs, your vills should be more efficient, and the Chinese start will mean you should be ahead in vill numbers. Not needing to research Wheel and handcart as well as having their effects one age early should put the civ into a huge lead early on.

The choice of UU just boils down to the unit being very solid in general, with the Kasbah tech and the ridiculous eco, they can be fielded very early and just kill off the enemy.

2 Likes

Also a very nice synergy. I didn’t thought about that, because usually burgundians bonus is almost useless, but together with the free eco upgrades it’s aburdly strong… I wonder which civ is better. Both seem ridiculously OP.

Question, is there a possible synergy with the malay bonus actually? The faster uptime could be totally broken. Like itlaians + persians + malay + whatever to get the fastest castle time possible.

1 Like

Yes :smiley: :smiley: it would be fun to make a mod with these civs, and just see how they do against random generic civs :smiley:

If you want to go for maximum troll, you can do first crusade + flemish revolution lol

I think this would mean you could almost end up with the situation that your Mangudai are so cheap, you can take unfavourable fights and still win… which is very scary because Mangudai are already a kill all unit with very few effective counters :smiley:

EDIT

Hmm the persian faster TC, and maybe the cheap Byzantine Imp could be a solid combo for fast imp. You just need a tech tree that can do something funky with fast imp, maybe something like Supremacy for maximum lulz

1 Like

Like burgundians? But I don’t know if the earlier upgrades are part of the tree or a bonus.

I think you’d need one good dark age eco bonus, the persian faster TC, Byz fast imp, inca vil bonus, and Supremacy unique tech, you’d have stupidly OP villagers out relatively early

1 Like

Arent flemish militia technically vills? xD SUpremacy Flemish militia ftw!

2 Likes

Tech tree: Byzantine (the most flexible one)

Bonuses:

• Aging up cost 15% less (Italians)
  • Wheelbarrow and hand cart are free (vikings)
  • Lumberjacks works 15% faster (celts)
  • Hunters work 40% faster (mongols)
  • Farmers work 10% faster (slavs)

TB:

• Relics generate 33% more gold (aztecs)

UTs:

• Sultans 10% faster gold from all sources (indians)
  • Burgundians vineyards farm generate gold (burgundians)

UU:

• War elephant

The byzantine tech tree is simple, it’s most flexible one and have all eco upgrades.

The italian cheap age up may seem weird, but coupled with the 2 best dark age eco bonus (faster lumberjacks and hunter) brings crazy fast age ups, with then free WB and HC, and then you just boom. Then with the farming bonus, and relics that generates almost double the gold, and BV, you are set for the long game (and I think that your gold generating farms may be affected by sultans and slavs bonus, but I’m sure, that would be a plus)

I chose WE as UU just because I think that with a crazy strong eco you should spam the strongest unit in the game, even though byzz lack some upgrades for them.

But onestly there are just a tons of solutions for an OP eco civ, another one is:

Tech tree: Byzantine

Bonuses:

• Start with +3 Vills (chinese)
  • Vills cost 5/10/15/20% less (Indians)
  • TC cost 50% less wood (britons)
  • All resources last 15% longer (mayans)
  • TCs and docks have double the HP and works 5/10/15/20% faster in dark/feudal/castle/imp (old persians bonus)

TB:

• Relics generate 33% more gold (aztecs)

UTs:

• Sultans (Indians)
  • Burgundians vineyards (burgundians)

UU:

• War elephant

This one is less about aging up faster and power spikes, and more about booming spamming TCs and vills.

What of the 2 do you guys prefer?

2 Likes

the ultimate troll tech tree lol

And ultimate troll tech tree #2… imagine the douche potential of this civ :smiley: So yeah I prefer number 2 xD

2 Likes

Lol, I didn’t even thought of the douche, I just picked the persians bonus for the faster working TC…

2 Likes

I wonder if DE is as moddable as old AoC was… I want to try these civs so much :smiley:

2 Likes

I think you could make a similar thing with the incan tower rush, too. A tower rush so fast and op that no other civ has a chance to counter it.

1 Like

On a more serious note, I like these bonuses. Looks pretty solid. I’d maybe try replacing the Farm bonus with the Khmer version of the bonus. Then you can just ditch the free wheelbarrow and handcart, and just add some other cool eco bonus, like the Chinese cheaper techs bonus.

1 Like

Another idea for another topic… though, Trush bonuses aren’t that many, so probably everyone would came up with the same Civ more or less…

Tech tree: Doesn’t really matter, let’s pick Teutons

Civ Bonuses:

• Villagers benefit from Blacksmith infantry upgrades. (Incas)
  • Mills, Lumber Camps, and Mining Camps are 50% cheaper. (Japanese)
  • Herdables contain +50% food. (Tatars)
  • Blacksmith and Siege Workshop upgrades cost -50% food (Bulgarians)
  • Buildings cost -15% stone (Incas)

Team Bonus:

• Scout Cavalry +2 Line of Sight (Mongols)

Unique Techs/Unique Unit:
Honestly don’t think this civ’s games would get that far. Either win or lose in Feudal.

explanation: full YOLO civ, many dark age bonuses, the rest are mostly feudal age bonuses, so either kill off the enemy with the tower rush, or resign

1 Like

It’s actually a nice mix of early and long-term bonusses. Besides I think the italians bonus has not so big synergy there. I think malay would be better.
Maybe the most solid “pure eco” build available.

I though about incas + mayans + mongols + malay + either koreans stone mining or vikings/berbers (for faster vills). So you get to place the first towers when the opponent is far away from feudal.

Interestingly this would actually a very solid eco civ, not as op as the other mentioned, but even if the tower rush fails, it could still win the game with the eco bonusses.

1 Like

Ok there is mine YOLO Trush civ:

Tech tree: Spanish

Bonuses:

• Buildings cost 15% less stone (incas)
  • Castles cost 25% less (franks)
  • Villagers are affected by blacksmith upgrades (incas)
  • Castle and TCs are built 100% faster (sicilians)
  • Builders works 33% faster (spanish)

TB:

• Walls cost 50% less (mayans)

UTs:

• Stronghold castles and towers fire 25% faster (celts)
  • Supremacy for tankier vills (spanish)

UU:

• Conquistador

You don’t have to have more resources than you opponent, or to age up fater. In feudal, your vills are tougher, build faster and have cheaper towers, that is enough to win any tower wars and nullify your enemy eco lead.

Then while aging up to castle age, you put all vills in your base on stone (except for 6 on farms and enough on wood to sustain the 6 farmers, so you can keep vill production) and you start castle drop like there is no tomorrow. Your castles costs 390 stone, and are built 133% faster, and fire faster too.

You have a well rounded flexible UU once you drop a few castles (but you can even avoid using it) and then you can have super vills, with 80HP, 6 MA, 8 PA and 13 attack, so basically a fusion between a champion and a serjeant that cost only food.

It would have been nice to squeeze in Indians cheaper vills, berbers faster speed, free WB/HC and koreans faster mining, but I fell that such castle drop power take priority.

Thanks for copy-pasting the titles I used for my most OP threads. :+1:

P.S. I’m not being sarcastic.

1 Like

Why changing something good?
I actually missing only “most op defensive civ”. But I think 5 bonusses aren’t enougn to make a defensive civ OP.
I would rather just take all civ bonusses which are pure defensive. No eco or any also offensive bonuses are allowed.