The patch is going to kill China

needs some type of buff… def too weak early to have the late game nerfed.

I agree with you. The reason why Chinese perform not so great in result even with the OP siege units is that they hardly get to the end game. They need to spend huge amount of recourse on upgrade to get to the OP point. And they don’t enough tools to deal with the early and mid game. Ppl may say oh their special units are so good, but don’t forget, their need to build double landmark to get it. so now you took away their OP units and give them nothing for the early and mid game. this Civil will lost all the tools to compete with other Civils.

3 Likes

can u please paste link to those notes??? cant find them

China have a lot of things going for them. But the meta still haven’t evolved in a path that helps them.

Devs saying, when talking about animation cancel, that the player has to feel like a general, making high tier decisions. China have the highest amount of army composition possibilities, which is something people, up to this point, didn’t properly try out, due to some unintended mechanics and unbalances that got the spotlight.

It’s hard for China to get to the lategame because lategame is the place they belong. The civ is a lategame powerhouse, so it gotta be hard to get there. Otherwise, the civ would just be hard to kill early and mid game and would just be OP.

I do agree that China’s WR will drop quite significantly, but I’m not sure it will last that long. I have hopes the siege vs siege meta will at least weaken, and then players will start experimenting new ways to play the game, which will change everything again.

And, if China gets really weak… well… I can play a game with one weak civ. It will get rebalanced eventually, and I don’t mind picking another civ on boomy maps while I wait.

3 Likes

Nah, I don’t think it will kill china.
However I expect them to get some kind of buff as compensation early game. Plus maybe turning it more into an infantry civ.

They literally listed as a gunpowder civ…

https://www.ageofempires.com/news/age-of-empires-iv-patch-11009

Relic did a good job. It didn’t pay attention to the largest game group at all. I only know that many players in China are unloading aoe4. I wish aoe4 success in China. I look forward to the RTS games designed by the Chinese themselves, which will be more objective and accurate.

2 Likes

exactly… people over look this and just see the end result and say ohh but its OP! how much went into surviving that long and then how much resources went into that army. no shit its OP its x3 the ammount of resources of your army lol.

But yeh China gonna be useless post patch not even worth playing now.

2 Likes

Abbasid get a buff to vili production in Age 2 tho. and its free.

China still needs seriously nerf.
Reduce IO Taxing effeciency, so they not able to sitting at home to get gold without operating. May be reduce number limits?
Zhu ge nu shuold cost more, its like marine in SC2.
China already strong enough, Why People still crying it weak?
(FL, BBQ Sun, Grenadiers, nest of bees. Free golds. dynasty bonus. )

P.S ( I am trolling on this)

Of course you are right!

Zhuge Nu is great because it saves you upgrade fees, if your opponents mainly have MAA or knights. Since no matter how you upgrade them they still do 3HP damage per pop against armored units as long as your opponents do the same counter upgrades. Just save those, since it will still at least do 3 damage.

Fire Lancer is better. Although it costs way more than a horseman, it has no armor (horseman has 2 Pierce armor), moves slower, no double damage bonus on range units. HOWEVER, it kills villagers much faster. BTW, at that stage, your opponent shall have almost 100 such units waiting your fire lancers. Try torch down its buildings too, IF it survives from those arrows. Just not try to run, since it moves even slower than a fully-loaded knight.

Grenadier is the best. After you spend 3600 res and time to unlock this beast, your enermy should have already marched their big army into your base, and now you can take advantage of those AOE to put some damage on them, hopefully before they wipe out all of your economy, which you need to supoort such expensive unit. How expensive? as expensive as a knight.

1 Like

People saying China its gargabe because they can have 3x production time of CT… so now we r allowed to say how much op was that?
China has a lot of things, of course nerf hurts but the worse of china was Early Game and with horsemen, pro scout and tower Rush Nerf they get Up into Si tier.
The thing is… Why are devs so hesitate to Nerf really mongol? U think raid was the WHOLE thing ? Cmon, that change nothing

1 Like

I totally agree China could create an army quickly with the clock tower to catch up with their military the siege nerf is normal except for the clock tower production and the fisheries nerf also impacts China is their ship production bonus

They’ve nerfed Mongols everyone patch and there will be more substantial ones in the next update coming soon. Mongols are no longer the highest winrate civ (though likely still too good). China is going to be in the running for worst civ in the game now in 1v1, they were already struggling before.

China will be reserved in my opinion for the team for an eco boom and the ming dynasty and the granadier

You are truly a voice of reason I can appreciate. Always good posts

Before this patch, mongol has arround 65% win rate above 1500++, thats huge yet. Lets ser anyway but It isnt enough.
And China… lets see, i think Rus has harder by example (they r excelent rushing but not really eco bonuses un Castle ), even i like them but thats the issue for them now.

China to trashcan tier after patch
Mongoles still top S tier
Really only 3 Civ to play now and not be behind
Mongoles
Abbasid
French

If they buffed China landmarks it could be a good Civ to play. Focus on man at arms and gunpouder units like grenadier. There landmarks need a buff or rework

2 Likes

64dyov

4 Likes