The reason why goths are bad (+buff ideas)

Nice post, however there is already a topic for this (Request: Make Goths Okay Again - #50 by antE48456) Anyway, here is my take:

Welp, I don’t think it’s the solution since even if they are FU they will still be crushed by the same bonused infantry as they already are. So leaving their infantry tech tree and Perfusion as they are is fine as long as they are buffed elsewhere.

I guess it can work? I mean usually you put tons of vills on TC so it won’t come anywhere as useful as say Brits or Bulgarian

I like this one. However, it should be tied to the TC so that Goths don’t become the new vill fight tryhard civ on Nomads. Also I don’t think it’s a rip-off of Spanish or Incas since it’s both a weaker and free version (and it doesn’t affect attack) so there is definitely some room for it.

It’s indeed common sense by now that a bonus balanced for 75 pop should be updated now.

Welp, the sad truth is that if the lack of eco bonus and stone wall didn’t got you killed before reaching imp, all these good boys will get wrecked by armies of siege, or jaguars, or samurais, or throwing axemen, or Burmese/Jap/Viking/Bulgarian/I’m forgetting some infantry, or Hand cannoneer and so on.

5 Likes