The ridiculous archer armor class for the Mameluke

Why do we have to see a new Mameluke thread every day from the same forumers?

No way they’ll make these buffs!
Mamelukes are really hard to beat when in mass, so make them cheaper, easy to mass, reducing damage from Halbs and removing archer armor class(which is effective only in castle age, since in Imp Saracens have their own FU ESkirms, FU Champions, Siege Onagers, Siege Rams and FU Hussars) would make Mamelukes beyond OP.
The only buff i see acceptable is to reduce the gold cost a bit. A bit.

I’d be fine with reducing the gold cost by 10 to 15 gold and a slight reduction in training time to maybe 22 seconds. but beyond that nothing else needs changing.

1 Like

Yeah lets do this, lets make it 80G instead of 85? Good yeah? And you are talk about Saracens like they are Mayans, a civ that have 43%-45% winrate all the time, and bottom tier in worst 5 civs all the time.

tell me, how is buffing mameluke going to help the Saracens in most matchups?
I’d target something else to make Saracens a better civ then a unique unit, when unique units aren’t all that common as is.

is buffing mameluke going to help them in team games?
no.
is it going to help them against archer and infantry civs?
no.

1 Like

Well this topic is about Mamelukes not Saracens. If we want to talk about buffing Saracens in general, the start with Madrasah and Mameluke is priority, and lets say buffing their early game too.

you’re the one that brought them up

and yet you just said

so you were the one to bring that up.

yeah because buffing unique units and castle age unique tech is going to help Saracens so much

Yeah because the guy put the Saracens in his argument with their tech tree.

kinda funny how you don’t wanna discuss Saracens when its their UU this thread is about

Saracens need more an eco buff than a Mameluke buff.
They have one of the best tech tree of the game, with an UU really hard to beat when massed.
Make them cheaper, similar to Conquistadores, Mangudai, it’s still a good thing.
Maybe reduce their training time, but the other things are too much. Don’t you think?

1 Like

because he was pointing out why buffing the mameluke to sky high levels like you want is an issue man.

you reduce all these weaknesses to mameluke, what’s going to happen when someone gets mass mameluke going?

Because the thread is about Memeluke and its archer class not Saracens civ in general, is this hard to understand?! What is the title of the topic?!

then why are you discussing the Pikes bonus damage to Mamelukes and elephants then?

you’re talking about someone who

1. thinks halbs do +25 bonus damage to war elephants.
  2. compared elephant armor class to mameluke + camel armor class combined.
  3. thinks its fair to bring up paladin in an effort to buff camels and cry foul when someone brings up imp camel.
2 Likes

I think you are totally right and I agree with you. But the topic target is not about Saracens in general, it is about the Mameluk class.

but he was talking about the mameluke, he said he’d be fine with reducing the cost a little bit, and reducing the training time a small bit

but the rest (reducing pike and skirm damage, removing the archer armor class) is excessive.

You are totally here twisting the topic and saying wrong things as not as I mentioned. You people who went off-topic and start clowning not me.

your the only clown here. You keep bringing up elephants,paladins and pikes but when someone brings up saracens its off topic?

You are the only one making a big deal of a non-existent problem. Mameluke classes of armor are here to give the unit some weaknesses that opponents can exploit. You keep and keep brushing everything that doesn’t go in your way under the rug, and still expect us to swallow whatever you say.

3 Likes