The Rus bounty system should reward differently

I seriously doubt you understand the OP’s point and have played against the Rus meta at high elo.

(1) Rus can get scouts from the cabin whereas everyone else has to train it from the TC. By implication, getting your own scouts slows down your own economy. Don’t forget, Rus also get a food gathering bonus from their bounty so they can afford to spam scouts.
(2) Horse archers are a castle age unit, true, but the problem is HOW Rus gets to the castle age. They don’t touch their gold vein so there is almost no way to slow down their tech. There is literally nothing to attack.
(3) The problem with horse archers is that they do too much damage for the cost, i.e. they shred through armored units at a base damage of [12].

I also like to add to the OPs points by saying that the current Rus meta is like a golden passage of play. Rus scout spam at age I gives them good vision, food from corpses, and lets them stack their bounty quickly. This will let them tech to age III QUICK. The scouts that are already pumped out are by no means useless. Invariably, the scouts serve as meat shields for their horse archer spam. Right now, the best way to counter horse archers are to get horsemen and knights. Getting the horsemen and knights to land knights on horse archers is hard enough because of the relative speeds. It gets harder when scouts are involved because if you use the attack ground command, you will joust into scouts doing no bonus damage to them. Horsemen and knights are also NOT cost effective to trade against horse archers.

If you somehow get to age IV, you will likely gace strelties spam…

So I agree with OP’s points and think Rus needs a nerf. Either by directly nerfing cabins, the bounty system, and/or the horse archers.

3 Likes