The sick Obsidian missiles UT

Hahahahahah, i played with Incas alone more than you think, i go with Noboru rush and make my enemy hate his life, tower rush him, vills fight, towers war everygame, if my enemy didn’t say GG and was able somehow to go to castle, once i hit the castle he was shocked by the eagles flood that i have once i hit the castle, i am not saying eagles need nerfs because i lose against them!!! No because i can with them so easy with a ridiculous game and strat, you really don’t know anything about how eagles are broken, they are cheap, they are strong, they are 3in1 unit, they are fast…

CA are very bad for sure the viper him self said that and many of other pros too, playing with them with CA civs doesn’t deny their bad state

I wrote you clearly, “learn to defend yourself against the meso civis” no, “learn to play with meso civis” I don’t care if you beat someone using the Incas, the Incas are literally a very average civilization, in recent tournaments have not even been used, not because you wining a match someone with some civilization does it mean that that civilization is very OP.
Unless you’re so bad at playing that winning means that really that civi is broken hahahaha, so, learn to play!.

I am not going to argue with you about eagles warriors, it is an absolutely absurd discussion.

Yeah because a Nescafe (3in1) unit with 20f cost and tanky armor and insane infantry speed is fine and can easly win against them. This is why meso civs have S/A tier class

Yes, but he used both CA and Obsidian arrows to convincingly win real games. The Hun game with the CA was unquestionably the higher level match with more on the line. Yet you won’t give that game any merit while giving the one game you watched of Obsidian arrows in what is literally the best case scenario. A Saracen ally, On arena, with sling. That’s reason to bring the nerf hammer down?

That’s why I say you’re only counting the results of pros that supplement your bias. Because you are. It’s obvious.

4 Likes

It is not about the Saracens as a team, the UT itself is stupid, +6 attack vs buildings that do more damage than siege is not funny and have no sense and it is so stupid and broken, arrows should never be able to do this, and devs did a big mistake by intdroducing such a thing in the game not only Mayans even Saracens with their only +3 attack vs buildings, this is not stable, this is broken, and about the Huns game as i said, playing with the CA doesn’t mean they are fine, there were many units all players were using them after or before nerf or buff, this is game in the end and you will play with everything, yet the CA is so bad for now and if they only fixed their frame delay it will be fine

they don’t do better against buildings then siege though. for example you used 25 xbows you said. that’s 15 rams worth of units. good luck burning down buildings faster then that.

again not only has this tech just been nerfed, but frankly, Mayans have 3 offensive options. you can’t just keep taking options from them just because you don’t like it. for example - you think Eagles are also busted - if Eagles are so busted, how come Incas winrate and use in tournaments is completely middle of the road?

2 Likes

Well after watching this game, i think slinging is more stupid than obsidian arrow…

obsidian arrow requires a castle + research cost/time. if you can’t defend yourself, it’s probably because you failed somewhere else.
I agree with others people: you complain too much about too much thing. And a majority people usually disagree with you but you don’t care. Majority can be wrong sometimes. but majority aren’t wrong ALL of the time. Try to chill, look at a mirror and question yourself : “why do you need to complain so much and why do you think you’re the only one with the real good answer?”

Obsidian arrow may or may not be too powerfull even after this nerf. I don’t know, i need to test it more. But at least, I’m open to other people argument and if 90% of the community think i’m wrong on something, it’s probably the case.

6 Likes

Man it is not about Mayan in specific, it is just this UT feel so broken and make no sense, they nerfed the Saracens bonus which was only +3 attack because every one complained about, then how about +6 in castle age?! This is sick

For the record, the only reason I complained about the Saracen UT was because they nerfed it before I got the chance to fool around with it :frowning:

Yeah my friend i am not saying that i don’t want anyone to disagree or i want all to agree, but i am not talking about people here and i don’t hate anyone, i am talking about something thats so clear is not going good, and yeah if people say it is find i respect them but i want to see what they can say and i didn’t any answer that convinced me and why it is ok for them?! Even you did you find 20-30 arbs can melt castles is a good thing or have a sense?! Because i couldn’t

What is the deference between +3 feudal and +6 castle?! And yet the Saracens still have +2 feudal by including the +1 for foot archers, so once Saracens hit the castle they have +3 for foot archers so it is only -1 before theit nerf

because one is free and one is a tech that has to be researched, that requires a castle to be built to even research.

1 Like

And it is not hard to build a castle once you hit the castle age! Actually with Mayans the most common strat for them now is going castle with plumed archers, and their UT is so cheap

is it hard? considering i don’t often see more then 1 or 2 in castle age i’d say its harder then you make it sound.
furthermore it still costs 650 stone and a lot of build time. and then the cost of the tech itself.
either way - one is free. one is not.

300 food and 300 gold is cheap? that’s imp level unit upgrade levels of resources.
and frankly if they are going plumes they aren’t researching Obsidian Arrows.

I don’t care about this at all. It’s a viable strategy, but Plumes and El Dorado Eagles are much better and more common strategies.

T90 said that Archers shouldn’t have bonus damage vs buildings and Hera tweeted about it.

Did you see what is written here in the changelog? It is the changes that happened to Obisidian arrows and yet they didn’t put the last change in DE. It is just looks like the devs don’t know what to do with such sick UT.

first of all - this doesn’t mean much.
so we have obsidian arrows implemented in Forgotten.
in African Kingdoms its buffed because its not performing well or whatever.
then they bug fix it in patch 4.8 because its not working as intended. (note, bug fix is not a balance fix, it’s fixing a bug, like when the malay age up was fixed).
and then it got nerfed in the last patch. that all means nothing. and you haven’t countered my arguments at all, you’ve just tried to dodge them.
unique techs and civ bonuses are a great way for devs to tune a civ. if the civ is overperforming hit them in one of the areas that makes them unique. you can’t just say "well Mayans are OP so we’re going to nerf the Archer line, because other civs use the archer line too.
and if the tech is so sick, why was it literally buffed after implementation? and why is the go to strategy for Mayans usually Plumes + Eagles and not Archers + Obsidian Arrows?

1 Like

Because in that patch Saracens were having +4 for free, so it is not fair for the Mayans to pay for a UT for +4 too!!! Second, when the devs nerf/buff something this is not always mean they were right, because in every month we see them remove what they did, or add something that they removed before, it is all about making the game get better with more balance stat between all civs, i am not saying Mayans are OP but still have many points need some fixing, same for the CA, same for eagles, same for many other things

but you are apparently always right, despite most people disagreeing with you?

we haven’t had many balance patches in the past 4-5 months and the only thing they have really scaled back lately is Khmer and this Mayans tech. so no, this statement is full of falsehoods.

just because you believe something doesn’t make it true. also - let’s use your logic here - you nerf this tech and you nerf eagles. lets say you legit get what you want. how do you keep Mayans a balanced civ? also what about Incas? they are a very middle of the road civilization - how do you keep them balanced?

2 Likes