The sick Obsidian missiles UT

Eagles nerf is not making them weaker, their food cost somehow is too low, 20f is really trash even with 50 gold, so when i mean make it 30f or 35f it is not that big nerf, and about Obsidian arrow just make them like they were before (+4 or 5) vs buildings and remove their bonus attack completely on castles, ston walls, towers, gates or increase it’s cost, this will not make Mayans or other meso civs weak, and about Incas i want to discuss their useless UT in castle age in another post (Andean sling) which is ( Removes the minimum range from Slingers and skirms) and cost 300G, 200f

Okay so let me lay it out. When you increase the cost of something that impacts its overall performance. Something that does 3 damage at 3 gold is going to be valued more than something doing 3 damage at 6 gold as a generalization.
So increasing its cost is in fact a nerf. Add in making their unique tech useless on defenses is a huge nerf.

Just because you don’t view it as significant does not make it true.

So again. What are you going to compensate them with?

Are you talking about Incas or in general? About Incas i suggest to make their UT in castle age a free bonus for the civ and give them a new UT

I’m talking about mayans.

They nerfed saracens because it was +3 IN FEUDAL AND FOR FREE.
While being strong, obsidian arrow is locked behind a castle and a quite expensive tech for castle age

As i said what is the difference between +3 in feudal and +6 in castle? Did you read what i said? Did you read all replays? No, because you are blind

The difference is that +3 in feudal means ypur opponent cant fc. +6in castle means nothing in most cases

2 Likes

There’s a big difference:

1. first of all, the saracen bonus came for free. Obsidian arrow is locked behind a castle and a research
  2. in feudal age buildings have less hp, thus making the +3 more impactful
  3. thanks to saracen market you could go for three archery ranges in feudal and keep the production going, having a mass of archer that could easily destroy anything in feudal, and with anything i mean every structure included towers. Did I mentioned that towers were useless since they were destroyed by fucking feudal archers?
  4. in castle you can go for mangos to counter a big ball of xbows with obsidian arrow. In feudal you have to go skirms while he is upping faster than you thanks to his market abuse

So yeah, there’s a big difference. If you can’t see it’s your problem

3 Likes

We read. You fail to understand.
One comes into play for free at around 10 minutes into the game. No requirement.

The other requires you to get to castle age. Gather stone. Drop a 650 stone building that takes a long time to build. Then research a 300 food and 300 gold tech.

Obsidian arrows isn’t even a common mayan strategy

Also, to address the “650 stone no big deal” misconception, you have that impression because in Lower league matches u often have enough time to bank stone in feudal or castle age. In high level play, unless ur strategy require a castle, people generally don’t put vils on stone until mid castle or so. Either way, building castle is not needed for many strategies, then why spend vils working time to mine resources that you don’t need right now?

1 Like

Lower league play these are no big deal, mostly. Higher league of play they are, because they don’t have time to bank up a lot of res unless it is planned ahead.