The Toxic Enviorment in 3v3 games. Please Fix

In TAD, in over 1000 games I never have seen someone stealing someone else’s resources, even when I was new to the game. It never even occured to me that would be even a thing.
In DE, this has happened twice just this week.

The anonymization of players(can change your username any time) and removing our ability to weed out the ‘bad apples’ is a big problem. We could do this in TAD by kicking known toxic players. Example:

In this game however, we can’t avoid these toxic players, furthermore as everyone knows about 10% of people have a personality disorder of some kind. The worse of these for social games are BPD(neurotic and emotionally manipulative) people. In most modern games this is worked around by:
A) Limiting interactibility significantly(no voice comms, no text chat & limiting oppertunities for negative interaction).
or
B) Having a ‘shadow pool’ for players which are toxic(based on report thresholds) or a behaviour score system like Dota 2.

What are the devs going to do about this? Do they expect us to just put up with these players? When there were lobbies we could self police ourselves; in TAD people knew if they acted up they would get a bad rep and not be welcome in lobbies. Since players can change their name, this wouldn’t even be possible even if we had the playerbase in lobbies intead of quicksearch.

Also I will concede, part of this is simply due to TAD having a older age demographic, where as DE would obviously have a lower average age since it’s a new game. This further pushes the need to provide a system which properly disincentives for negative behaviour. If there is a report button, I don’t even think most people even know about it(including myself).

1 Like

Do you by stealing resources mean your teammate’s villagesrs collecting your crates? Because thats a bug currently being worked on (i hope), where idle vills go to collect crates automatically as usual, but the bug is they do it to allied players and with a huge “aggro range”.

Limiting communication is the worst thing that can happen. Just look at the state of game right now. Cant even say “Damn” or “Native”. But i like the idea of being able to report a player. If the player is reported many times, they will be punished by playing with and against other reported players and/or longer queue times.

2 Likes

It happened to me as well just a few minutes ago. Teammate A walled everyone off because Teammate B built shrines next to his hunts.

It’s just a bug introduced in the latest update, so hopefully the devs are going to fix it next week.

See:

3 Likes

The problem isn’t people doing it ‘by accident’, it’s people doing it intentionally at the start of matches, which I’ve never seen happen in TAD.
I’m also seeing a lot of toxic conversations like ‘push or i resign’ or ‘rush or I resign’.

So I ask again, what are the devs going to do about these toxic players now that we can’t:
A) Identify them since they can just change their usernames
B) Even if we could identify them, we can’t avoid them like we could with custom lobbies.

1 Like

The bug happened all the time, even at the start of matches. It was really bad.
But it actually got hotfixed yesterday, so that’s good.

Report those players, so that the devs can take action where necessary.

1 Like

The bug happened all the time, even at the start of matches. It was really bad.

If it was unintentional people would tribute it back anyway.
What I’m talking about is people sending their villagers to the other persons TC and stealing their resouces intentionally. This has not been ‘fixed’ or addressed by the devs.

hotfixed yesterday, so that’s good.

The accidentally stealing you are talking about happened to me today so it’s clearly not fixed, although that’s not what this topic is about, it’s about people intentionally stealing and toxicity in the community.

Report those players, so that the devs can take action where necessary.

I had to really dig around to even find the report button. Most people don’t even know it exists. Also it’s funny that you think mods/devs can even do anything with a report; they’re he said/she said battles.

He said/she said battles is exactly what happens in custom lobbies, which you are promoting as the solution. Don’t you see that? The devs obviously have better tools to judge these situations than random players “policing” based on hearsay and bias.

This inherently flawed policing is one of the best arguments against custom lobbies becoming rated. Anyone can just randomly start screaming you’re a cheater and get you kicked out of the room.

1 Like

He said/she said battles is exactly what happens in custom lobbies

People develop a reputation and in TAD we could as a community would know the ‘bad eggs’. He said/she said battles didn’t happen because people don’t have time for that. You would just split the players onto different teams. If the person was cheating usually after a few games they’ve exposed themselves to enough people where he won’t be able to find a decent lobby.

The devs obviously have better tools to judge these situations than random players “policing” based on hearsay and bias.

They devs don’t because they weren’t there so they have to be neutral and assume the person isn’t guilty unless it’s proven; what is to stop someone from saying they walled their teammate in, when infact they didn’t? You would only know if you experienced it first hand or if you knew who to trust, there are guys in TAD I must have played at least 100 games with and you get to know who to trust.

This inherently flawed policing is one of the best arguments against custom lobbies becoming rated. Anyone can just randomly start screaming you’re a cheater and get you kicked out of the room.

This didn’t happen because If players didn’t like each other, we would simply make them split teams. I know to you(as someone which from the way your talking about this didn’t play team much, if at all) that must seem crazy.
People were only kicked if they had a very bad personality, which was actually pretty rare, in part probbaly because players knew if they acted up they were not welcome(plus the demographic was older).

The devs have an ability to review any match that was ever played online, since all recorded games are getting uploaded to their servers. The devs always have more data available than the players, not less. That’s how any online game works in general.

Saw quite a few baseless accusations like that firsthand, if you didn’t I guess you’ve played less team games than me :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

This is definitively a bug, hope it’s gonna be fixed fast. Cause it’s very boring at the very start.

The devs have an ability to review any match that was ever played online, since all recorded games are getting uploaded to their servers.

Do you really think the devs in a year from now, let alone 5/10 years from now ‘vod review’ games when there’s no financial motive and frankly a overhead they can’t afford?

Plus most games arn’t recorded.

Saw quite a few baseless accusations like that firsthand

Kapp

I don’t know, but since the current online multiplayer backend is reworked and shared between the entire Age franchise to some extent, I’m expecting it will have support in the coming years. Of course this cannot be guaranteed, so it is a fair point.

The big problem with ESO was/is that it’s a legacy platform that no one currently at MS even knows how to operate anymore.

Even if you don’t enable record game as a player, the game is recorded anyway and streamed over to their servers in the background. You can verify this in your local savegame folder where recs are saved. The difference is only that this rec will get overwritten on your computer the next time you play a match, if you didn’t enable record game.

As you correctly stated, most players don’t save their recs, which brings us back to the point that typically only the devs have the evidence & tools to resolve a player dispute fairly.