The Waypoint System is Broken

The waypoint system in AoE: DE is really difficult with villagers. Scenario 1: I was trying hunt deer and I wanted my villagers to follow a certain path in order to avoid spooking them and so I laid down the path and right-clicked the deer, this made them immediately target the deer and it just ran off. Scenario 2: When laying down buildings, units immediately go to the newest building, which is really annoying.

4 Likes

Also villagers cancel building construction due to automatic resource gathering being involved (town centers, storage pits, and granaries -maybe farms as well-).

It only helps in making units go from point A to point B, etc. Complex tasks are not working at all, with any unit I would say.

2 Likes

Tested the waypoints system with military units and it didn’t work either. Attacking and destroying multiple objectives in a sequence is impossible.

1 Like

To use the attack command and the waypoints system simultaneously doesn’t work. Units just stop attacking once they’ve destroyed their objective (they start attacking the next enemy unit/building/tower automatically, completely ignoring waypoints).

1 Like

This bug still exists in patch 46777.

1 Like

Waypoints are pretty crucial in time management, so I hope developers eventually fix this. Having to single command units to do things is tedious since you have to be there all the time, instead of doing more things at the same time while the AI performs the assigned ones. A fix to this bug would mean a lot in order to be more productive (not only in the game but also in life).

2 Likes