The word 'idiot' is censored but 'idiotic' isn't and a lovely rant about the counterproductive nature of censorship

Delete this censorship bot. This bot takes me so far out of the game whenever it censors me. Here I am trying to warn my team “■■■■ we have 10 cuirs inside our asshole” but instead it comes out as ***** ****** ******* ** *******. Now I have to figure out 'uh oh which one of my words is the cursed word that is censoring me, rather than dealing with the 10 ■■■■■■■ cuirassiers inside our team’s side killing our settlers!

I think I speak for literally 100% of the AOE3DE community when I say that this stupid chat bot causes more problems than it solves.

Let me be very clear devs. When people heard about Age of Empires 3 DE, there is literally no one who said to themselves: “Finally a chance for half of my messages to be blurred out for no reason and for confusion to reign supreme over clear communication.” The fact that at some point in the process there was anyone that believed that the playerbase wanted this shows how monstrously and degeneratively out of touch you are. No one wants this . Not a single person. You need to address this now. If not by a patch then by at least a statement showing you actually care about what we have to say here. This never should have left beta. I kindly request you to add an option to turn off the censorship.

12 Likes

21 posts were merged into an existing topic: Censor Chat Setting?