This is AoE 4

11 minutes and no buildings except for TC, still in dark age… this feels staged or OP is just extremely new. While a balance change is definitely needed for Mongols and this kind of strat, there are ways to stop this from happening and I would suggest the first step is getting out of dark age… seems like a ■■■■ post.

AoE4 haters are clowns.

4 Likes

Feel free to watch the replay i tried something new to counter it but there are plenty of other videos of this exploit. I can admit that it is not cheating but it’s clearly an exploit and it has already be ban in the Genesys tournament rules.
Seems like you are the clown after all…

1 Like

yeah , they did , because only one exploit has been spotted , doesnt mean that they didnt do a good job. so instead of blaming them , why dont you relax , and wait?.

1 Like

We will see in the coming days if Relic thinks this is a balancing problem or the community is just overreacting from a cheese strat.

The tournament might also just want for us to see fun games instead of a bunch of cheese strats.

Reminds me of Starcraft in many ways lol

I’m sorry but I disagree. Like it was explained in another thread, persian douche is way easier to counter and harder to perform. Ok maybe it’s not cheat but it’s not cheese either, it’s an exploit.

1 Like

They aren’t exploiting anything. This isn’t a glitch.

Its a cheese strat.
They are using the tools given to them ingame to implement an unexpectedly strong strategy.

The devs can decide to nerf the cheese but that doesn’t change the fact that it is a cheese strat.

6 Likes

It’s like it’s the first time that people are playing a newly released RTS game, of course things will sound and look extremely strong at first but after some time we start to understand how to counter things just like this cheesy tactics by the Mongols.

Before we call out for nerfs we need to be patient and really understand how the meta will unfold but it takes longer than a week of playtime. We should indeed comment on it just in case it needs to be adjusted but we need to understand that a lot of things might be seen as OP or UP at first but with more understanding it then becomes more clear.

1 Like

The problem with this strategy is that the improvement is not 50% speed, but much more, it is an exploit that must be urgently fixed for a better gaming experience.

2 Likes

Do you believe that there are cheaters in the game? Can you provide more details, please?

7 Likes

What the hell is a dev asking that question for instead of fixing the game?

It’s an oversight by the dev team, and not a hack. They are having to ban it from tournament play because AOE4 isn’t fixing it fast enough

1 Like

Probably because they actually aren’t part of the balance team?

1 Like

I guess OP wanted to express that using such “broken” strategies feels like cheating :slight_smile:

There is. The Superior Mobility technology is bugged, which greatly helps the Mongol aggressor to outmaneuver even horses to find a spot to unpack. Just made a meme video about it, and today I’ll explain what the bug is and what can you do about it in the meantime.

That said, this issue cannot be brushed off as cheese - like, say, the Persian douche in AoE2 - because unlike other cheese strategies, this one has no counterplay. You’ll lose 95% of the time. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Bugged as in it gives more movement speed than the tooltop says?

Because if it does what it says on the tooltip it is immediately a balancing issue.

Is it giving more than 50%?

Im not brushing it off, im saying that it isn’t cheating or an exploit. Because to my knowledge the tech does what it says it does.

I do think the devs need to think about balancing the game asap.(either moving the tech into age 2 or decreasing the movement speed tech) Im not saying “everything is fine keep this in the game”.

1 Like

Did you notice the half dozen other threads already about the Mongol TC drop?

It is giving 125% instead of 50%.

1 Like

Has someone gone in and checked to test this?
Or is this just a random number?

Because the Mongol TC drop, despite being an issue, is not cheating. They were giving you the benefit of the doubt and not assuming you actually thought that was an example of cheating and were referring to something else that actually was. So they asked for more information.

1 Like

Yes it has been tested. If you check the tooltip before and after you research the tech you will see it is a 125% increase, not 50%. Just a minute, I’ll grab the numbers myself from my game.

EDIT:

Ok the standard speed of the packed TC is .75. So a 50% increase should be .75x1.5 = 1.125

After researching the tech the move speed is now 1.69. So .75x2.25 = 1.6875. That’s a 125% increase.

7 Likes

I checked myself and it appears you are correct.
The math doesn’t check out.

This is indeed bugged.

5 Likes