This is AoE 4

boy try aoe 3 first, there if you dont have an army in 6 minutes youre defeated… but my biggest complaint would be not having treaty options!! like wtf, treaty is a really basic feature from all the aoe games and we dont have it in aoe 4…

I actually think they should keep the buffed packing/unpacking (assuming it too is not correct, haven’t timed it) even if they lower the move speed, otherwise moving Gers and things becomes clunky. Maybe the TC itself needs to have a slower packing/unpacking rate for balance though.

Fixing that will fix the problem. Now it will be a risk unpacking and running because you won’t be able to completely leave infantry in the dust.

1 Like

No, it’s 60€ for the entire game, which includes a ton of campaign content in addition to untold hours of multi-player fun.

You didn’t pay 60€ to dictate how other people can play the game in a multi-player setting though, so you may want to keep that in mind before spending money on multi-player games in the future; you may not enjoy the experience the way other people do.

3 Likes

Great response from a dev calling out the gaslighting of Mongol players. This is not a cheat this is Mongol design. It may be changed but it’s not cheating. Thank you Relic.

Tbh good. An entire TC moving faster than infantry is insane.

This looks like extreme cheese, not cheating. Their economy is just as hurt as yours. It happens and normally will only get you one or two times. Nothing to see here.

3 Likes

There is a glitch with TC speed.

Not sure if cheese or not, but it looks so stupid, also the castles throwing arrows to other castles as well… Those things needs to be removed from game fix is simple, just create a AOE around TC I which enemy can’t build anything same for castles

That doesn’t actually fix it at all unless that area is huge. The Mongol player just needs to use their TC to deny gold collection.

Are you not aware of the mongol TC drop exploit ? If not, it is a serious issue. Maybe I should have been more explicit.

Personally, I consider using an exploit in every single game to go to the top of the leaderboard as a kind of cheating. I can understand that you don’t consider it as proper cheating. We can talk about it but anyway there hasn’t any way to report potential cheaters in the game.

hhahahaha, it can be beaten, but it’s becoming a plague! Two in the same team rushing a guy… He was lucky 'cos of his expert ally and the malicious players just played bad -slow and they didnt improve any tech before teh rush-.

AGE OF EMPIRES 4: DEFIENDO a mi EQUIPO de la ESTRATEGIA MÁS CERDA - YouTube

1 Like

If you don’t like aoe4, you should try aoe2 … it’s really better ! 20 years of balancing and improving something that was already good at the start … And it is cheaper !

1 Like

Well, that’s assuming we can trust the tooltips. The tech tree also says that the Mongols get an early Lancer unit similar to Rus and the French so :person_shrugging:

Maybe you should enjoy the PVE first

the same expert that defeated 2 guys who were using the TC rush, uses the tactic himself against another player and beats him in 15 mins. It looks abusive in his hands.

La ESTRATEGIA MÁS SUCIA de AGE OF EMPIRES 4 - YouTube

@SpriteOwnU
You are fully right, despite several tests, stress test, pre-releases, balance is suffering a lot at first with French civilisation, it’s a fact.
On other side after 20 games we had several ejection from games at start, it’s also impossible to see the last result in the match history, not possible to see the map at the end of a game, UI is broken, rally point in game are not even acceptable, you can’t ping on your sheep, and last point I do not speak about shortcuts, ladder…
At the end for a game at 60€ it’s a lot, Devs should have learn from Aoe2DE(Expect pathfinding :slight_smile: ) and other licences.

There is a way to report players. And, this is not ‘cheating’. The game allows you to do it. If you choose to move your mongol tc to your enemy starting position to snipe their villagers you actually fall behind in eco. Plus all the enemy needs to do it attach the mongol tc with their scout while it is packed up and it will not be able to unpack. All that time spent with the mongol tc packed up is just putting the mongol player further behind. It’s a fun and interesting stragegy but it’s not even a strong one.

1 Like

There’s a Support page (linked from “Support” at top of this website). On that page is a link to Player Reporting: https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/en-us/sections/360011472111-Player-Reporting

I don’t know if AoE4 has an in-game reporting mechanism, but the page I linked to mentions you can submit a request to contact the team. If that doesn’t work, or if that page hasn’t been updated to be able to reach AoE4 support (even though I clicked the AoE4 support page), you can see the quote below as potentially beneficial info in your endeavor.

Note: If you’re trying to call out the player in your screenshot, you’re not really supposed to do that per the forum’s Code of Conduct. The quote is below, but so is the additional support info I mentioned above:

Age of Empires Forum Code of Conduct and Terms of Service

DON’T…
Call out other players in threads. If you have an issue, take it to PMs or contact us directly at AoESupport@microsoft.com.

Just trying to provide some info that may be helpful