Time to nerf the Huskarl or changing the Goths bonus

Yet still sick civ with sick UU and sick UT with sick discount

1 Like

Hey, I am not the one constantly making threads asking for unecessary change…

7 Likes

so sick they aren’t use all that much in tournaments and don’t do well when chosen. they are strong against your average player who doesn’t harass them or anything like that.

2 Likes

And how would you now what is necessary or unnecessary?! This whole game depends on trying new nerfs/buffs to get the right point and we still need many changes to civ were in the game 20 years ago

1 Like

Goths are weak civ, they are dependent on their unique techs.

For example Huns are good civ, they don’t need good Unique Tech so they don’t have.

If you post this on social media (like Reddit) I wonder how much dislikes will get.

3 Likes

Marauders is a good unique technology.

1 Like

No, you don’t know how hard is really treating with them. If you go archers their Huskarls kill you, if yoy go cavs to kill Huskarls they just easy mix their pikes. This civ on castle age and above is cancer i found the only choice to deal with them is only killing them in feudal or early castle before they build a castle to start mass their cancer UU else you are dead

1 Like

Useful, Tarkans situational, how about Imp tech? The main tech of the civ(atheism)? I mean If you replace it with something Huns going to be OP. But if you remove Gothic techs, just a discount bonus on infantry.

2 Likes

they are only really hard to deal with when they actually get to the spamming stage, which believe it or not, is not early castle age. they have to get a castle down, and research anarchy, and have the eco to sustain a flood of cheap disposable units, they also have to manage their tech switches and be ahead of the curve.

3 Likes

And you said what i exactly said, i said the only choice to deal with them is killing them in feudal or early castle, but this is not a thing you can do it everytime, all civs must be balanced to have their chances at any age and all civs now have that except the sick Goths. Once they had a castle you are dead, once they hit imp, you are dead

2 Likes

Not at all, since Tarkans never see play. No UU Cavalry can really compete with Knights.

2 Likes

except your wrong. you don’t have to kill them. just put them behind economically and they won’t be able to keep up with you.
and if all it took was getting a castle and goths win, why are their winrates so low at the highest level? why do the pros view them as a bad civ? why do they not see very much use at the highest level?

2 Likes

This was also BEFORE the recent nerf on them, right? So even before their nerf they weren’t that great. Now they are even worse.

But looks like our great Equalizer lost a game to huskarls, so they must be OP.

8 Likes

Pros go random you will not get an accurate details about how exactly this civ can achieve
But even for high levels they are sick and annoying

1 Like

that is another very valid and very good point.

3 Likes

not in tournaments they don’t. and i see pros pick civs in ladder games quite frequently.

1 Like

Hahahaha i will take it. Listen man it is not about win/lose it is about i find this unit with it’s 6 pierce armor and cheap cost and spam from barracks too is sick for sure and can eat anythig

1 Like

Tarkans are better and much cheaper against archer civs than Paladins. They destroy walls in two seconds.

1 Like

Not that much this is why i said that taking the pros game about civs winrate is not accurate

1 Like

But he talked about tournament winrates, not ladder games. So the “meh but they go rnd” argument just makes you look really, really dumb.

Pls stop flooding the forum with weird balance suggestions every time you lose a match and step up your game instead. Or at least make the effort to explain why a civ that is obviously NOT OP (as otherwise pros would win with them, which they dont) needs to be nerfed anyway.

6 Likes