To developers: please chanhe colors and improve the Graphic engine

Dear Relic and MS you are doing the same mistake done with Aoe online: the choice of graphic engine.
I’ m really Happy to see a medieval Setting but graphic engine Is too cartonish for thois period and units seem like a mobile games or fornite: it’s not realistic. Units are not much detailed. Come on, this Is Aoe4 and we are in 2020.

You have time to improve It. Please, listen us. I’m watching and Reading differenti articles and news around the web and many people dislile graphic style.

14 Likes

I may get heat from the people like you but I think it is already mid-way production, if they’re showing gameplay trailer. Would be too costly to go back now. It is not cartoony. Characters have a human like body figure, buildings have true edges and curvature, the color scheme is what giving you an impression of cartoon. It is pastel/matte, and is making everything look “unrealistic.” To be honest, everything is very clear and recognizable even when the camera went all the way in top. It is Relic’s graphic style, like somewhere between AOE3, CoH2, and DOW3. Just happy they didn’t go all Civ6 on us. And also DOW3, that is ■■■■ looking too. I would be in your team then!

1 Like

I mean change color: more dark. And improve units details

Guys… It was just a cinematic. Please wait with complains on clear gameplay. Im disappointed as well after what I saw but still have hope…

they always like to show the game with a lot saturation and bloom on to show colors and scale. Look at the AOE2:DE screenshots that had a lot of bloom on. if you’re just wanting the lighting turned down its fine.

It is really early to complain already :slight_smile: Let’s wait and see what Alpha/Beta shows us. I think there is room for improvement and we as a Community can shape the game with good and constructive Feedback!

I disagree and never judge the quality of a book by it’s color.

Dear Relic and MS you are doing the same mistake done with Aoe online: the choice of graphic engine.
I’ m really Happy to see a medieval Setting but graphic engine Is too cartonish for thois period and units seem like a mobile games or fornite: it’s not realistic. Units are not much detailed. Come on, this Is Aoe4 and we are in 2020.
You have time to improve It. Please, listen us. I’m watching and Reading differenti articles and news around the web and many people dislile graphic style.

I basically agree with you. But the cartoonish graphic is not cause by “graphic engine” and there is no need to improve it (in order to change the cartoonish graphic). It is cause by the art design and model/texture making.

I disagree and never judge the quality of a book by it’s color.I disagree and never judge the quality of a book by it’s color.

A video game is not a book. Perhaps a good text is enough for a book, but graphic performance is an essential part of a video game.

1 Like

I have to admit, I was a bit taken aback the first time I watched the video on my phone. However, after watching it a couple more times on a proper PC monitor, I don’t think it looks that cartoonish. The detail is much better on a big screen.

The animations and engine look a lot more real and complex than AoE: Online or mobile games.

1 Like

Isn’t the engine problem. Is art related.

1 Like

Units don’t seem so good. No much details. Hope the improve it

So, change the artistic design. Add more pixels. It seems like a poor game

3 Likes

If they make the graphics “too” nice the hardware requirements will be too much. Personally I think those are not that bad. But it is also early in development - things may change.

2 Likes

You can Always give a graphic DLC as AOE2de.

really, the graphis and colours like childre’s play.

this reminds me of the settlers, And I do not like that… the settlers is the settlers. Aoe is AOE !

im sorry for my bad englsih but I a m a little disappointed :frowning:

4 Likes

This is a Pre Alpha. Of course they’ll improve the graphics.
I also think the graphics are a bit too cartoonish and they should make it a bit more realistic, but otherwise they exceeded my expectations from the game.
(Compared to Aoe2, I think it’s not much more cartoony.)

1 Like

Are we playing the same game?

AoE online looked cartoonish … AoE2 DE doesn’t. AoE2 DE looks like the original + extra detail.

1 Like

Every Aoe was a bit cartoony, especially Aoe2. This is no Stronghold.
I also hope they change graphics to a bit more realistisc style or add some adjustment options for the colors. But all in all the graphics looks well and very detailed (except the units).

Yes, you agree. Cities, buildings, montains look good and i like It After all. But Units are not detailed, this Is the problem. I can’t see these models in a 2021 game

Too much stylized

3 Likes

They have not finalized graphics yet, it’s bad idea make graphics first and then redo them because they changed their mind after early development. Finalizing graphics should be one of last things they do

1 Like