[TRACKING] 36202: Disconnect within 5 Minutes of joining a Match

Good afternoon Sirs!
First of all thanks for the support to solve this problem.

Follows below everything requested:

My ID Steam Real:
SteamID

DXDIAG

Follows savegames in Google Drive disconnects:
Compressed folder with 03 Demos and 01 Image: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mll-HIze-gapLhPAOYnm04txFRuhNO1I

• Information about the TCP / UDP ports already open (Port 3478 and 5222 in the Modem and farewall)

• Reinforcement that disconnects them is taking place between 5 and 7 minutes for no reason, therefore, i can only progress the game in multiplayer mode with the use of VPN.

The equipment data follows again:
Router and Modem: ONU GPON AN5506-04-FA
ISP: Brisanet

1 Like

I posted a solution in a similar steam thread. Copying it here im the hopes someone else cab try it:

I was able to get this fixed (for me at least). I was getting disconnected consistently at times between 5-6 minutes game time.

The fix for me was updating my router setting to increase the default TCP Session Timeout value.
This was originally set to 120.
Setting it to 240 prevents me from getting kicked out at this time.

I have tested this fairly heavily so I am certain this is not a coincidence.
I ran Fiddler and wireshark between the 5/6 minute game time.
Fiddler was showing some clientError event being sent. From that timestamp, I looked at the wireshark trace and there were some TCP Resets, and TCP retransmission attempts…

So this TCP Session Timeout setting looks to be related at least.

Hope this helps somebody.

FYI:
My router is a Huawei HG659.
My ISP is Vodafone Ireland

4 Likes

Thanks for taking your time to fix this issue.
This is using my Xiaomi Redmi 6A in tethering mode (it’s the one that suffers disconnections). Yesterday I was able to play a normal match without disconnections. And here is the funny thing.
In both ocassions I’ve used Wireshark (included in the link) to log the packets. The match without disconnections logged 7MB, and the one from today (disconnected after only 5 minutes) logged 40 MB.
The error on the screen is the same as everyone (You have been disconnected, a save was created etc)
SteamID: 76561198147771075
SteamID (using nickname): ansarex
I’ve included the recorded game and wireshark file from both matches. Also the dxdiag
All the files required
My solution is using my other old phone in tethering (but this one often fails because of its almost useless battery) or my wired connection (but this is a satellite connection, so it has some lag).

Hardware and +info (Region: Argentina)
HW: Xiaomi Redmi 6A (Phone), ISP: Tuenti (no disconnections until february)
HW: TP-LINK TL-WR802N (Router), ISP LG Comunicaciones (no disconnections)
HW: LG Leon (Phone), ISP: Claro (no disconnections)

1 Like

Same issue here. After cca 4-6 minutes of EVERY MULTIPLAYER game i get disconnected from Multiplayer services and i cannot connect again (my internet connection is fine).

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1A6WzeCzhmVCYIM-vjA9ow84dTEthcCe2?usp=sharing
I uploaded few files on google drive (i hope you can see them). There is:

1. Video recording how this happens (96MB)
  2. Dxdiag files (xml, txt)
  3. Replay file
  4. Steam ID
  5. Pictures of error messages

My Steam ID

Please fix this issue. Its been here for 6 months and its rendering the game completely unplayable :frowning:

Other information:
Router - Huawei HG8245U
ISP - Orange

1 Like

Hello,

Just recently bought AOE 2 DE and unfortunately this problem occurred to me. For some reason after I adjusted ports for my router I was able to play one game and then disconnetion problems got back. Today I found out that even idling at the online game lobby would result my connection to be cut off after a while. After rebooting the game the connection is back on just to be cut of again after a while. Others having similar behaviours?
-FlAsH

1 Like

It also happened to me, I published yesterday that I opened the router’s ports … so I started playing 3 to 4 normal games and started to disconnect in 5 to 7 minutes again.

1 Like

After few tests it seems that after getting disconnected at game lobby it is possible to return to main menu and reconnect to the multiplayer servers without restarting the game. If I get disconnected during the battle reconnecting is not possible without restart. Looks like the connection between server and client gets timed out for some reason.
-FlAsH

Unfortunately I don’t have the patience to go back in and get the information you require. However I am so frustrating with this problem. I played AoE2 on Voobly for years with no problems, AoE2HD the same. I keep coming back to DE and having exactly the same problem, Discord, these forums and google are full with people having the same problem with crashing as well as lobby browser only showing 10% of games. What a disaster.

3 Likes

Netgear Nighthawk C7500 Modem/Router
Comcast/Xfinity
West Coast, United States

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198039127917/

DxDiag.txt (107.8 KB)
https://onedrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=45956ad70776c730&resid=45956AD70776C730!10368&parId=45956AD70776C730!105&authkey=!AGgo3GSu7kED0vo
https://onedrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=45956ad70776c730&resid=45956AD70776C730!10369&parId=45956AD70776C730!105&authkey=!AKH30of61-mPXMc
https://onedrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=45956ad70776c730&resid=45956AD70776C730!10371&parId=45956AD70776C730!105&authkey=!ADr3eAW1wh3pFaM
https://onedrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=45956ad70776c730&resid=45956AD70776C730!10370&parId=45956AD70776C730!105&authkey=!AJeSzRed0qe7UrI

Where may I find the information that you need in the Windows Event Viewer? The following is the only application event that occured at the same time as the disconnect.
svchost (9428,R,98) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 (0xfffffc01) occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log.

I am able to complete some games, while most of them I end up disconnecting within the first 5-10 minutes of the match.
I also have this issue of losing connection to Multiplayer Services while playing a Standard Game against the AI, which leads to the complication of not saving my completed Challenges/Rewards to my XBox profile. Surely this is related to the Multiplayer Disconnect issue?

2 Likes

same error everytime .S disconnet failed to server .

DxDiag.txt (25.8 KB)

1 Like

Thank you all for taking the time to post about your experience over the weekend! I am continuing to watch this thread closely and collect information for our team, so keep your diagnostics and troubleshooting steps coming my way.

I’d also recommend trying out this solution if you have not already, as it will help our team understand whether it works (or does not work) for other players who feel comfortable adjusting their router settings.

More to come! Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Boa tarde, péssimo suporte, vários jogadores solicitando respostas acerca do problema e até agora nada da equipe, que desastre!
A verdade é que já tentei de tudo e nada funcionou, o matchmaking/multiplayer do jogo consegue ser piro que AOE2.

I’d like to try out the solution, but can’t figure out where to change tcp timeout value. Could someone help? Is it in my windows 10 settings somewhere or should it be directly in my router settings?

It is in router settings. But not all of us have the option there. If it will work for you please let us know :slight_smile:

Thank you, unfortunately I can’t find the setting anywhere, so I guess I don’t have the option either.

Why not have some respect to the people that bought this game?
Do you think we get money for free? Do you think hide comments on this thread is a good idea?
If I buy a game I expect to have all the features … People love AOE and want to play, and your answer to the extreme lag and sudden disconnections is a hardware problem? What a shame spend time and money in something that’s not well made.

FIX IT, and yeah, come on, hide this comment, just confirm that community is nothing for you.

3 Likes

Please ONLY contribute to this thread if you are experiencing this particular issue. Off-topic posts will be moderated.

This was asked at the start of the thread: not in an effort to censor the frustrations surrounding this issue, but to ensure that conversation would revolve around the gathering of information in the effort to find a solution. I sincerely appreciate everyone who has taken the time to contribute constructively to the discussion, and will continue to moderate off-topic attacks on the team, or other efforts which distract from the conversation at hand.

This is not to diminish the frustration surrounding this issue—we very much share in those frustrations—but re-stating that there is an issue or how long it has been an issue does not assist in working towards a solution, nor does suggesting that it is due to the ineptitude of someone trying to solve the problem (as others have done).

Please be respectful of this ask. Any additional comments that derail this thread will be moderated accordingly.

. . . . . . . . . .

To those experiencing the issue: please continue to include the information requested if you have not already! I am continuing to message these details to the team as they work on solutions for an upcoming release! =)

I figured I should help here too, since I got this issue from day 1. I tried several things and your troubleshooting checklist, but none helped. I didn’t try bothering with VPN or connecting by tethering though, because those are no final solutions to me.

Unfortunately I don’t have a picture or video of it happening, but the error message is the same from those who posted pictures before.

The following files are uploaded to the link below:

• SteamID.txt
  • DxDiag.txt
  • savegames folder with 3 recent disconnects

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cy_sdIFSF_H5A9Zk-fzcHyPgJKUzuG4l

Disconnects happen to me fairly often, at least one time a day if I play a game. I did drop out of 20% of all games I played (intel from AoE2.net) - which is the reason why I don’t even bother playing ranked.

I hope this helps.

3 Likes

Thank you for the files and additional details! I’ve passed it all along to our Test team so they can investigate, and will let you know if there’s anything else they can use or which you can provide.

Thanks again!

This is a known problem after Windows build upgrades not directly related to AOE II DE, but it could cause system instability indeed. Background processes consuming time and crashing.

To fix this error open CMD as administrator and type the following:
md C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database

Reboot your computer and that error should be gone. Now test the game again, maybe it helped.