Please note that this thread has been created to focus exclusively on disconnects (i.e. returning to the game lobby) shortly after joining a multiplayer lobby or game—most notably after about 5 minutes of joining a game lobby or match. Please ONLY contribute to this thread if you are experiencing this particular issue. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Crashes: i.e. the game closing entirely
- Disconnects for a specific reason
- Any other issues with the game
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ANOTHER GAME ISSUE, please take the time to search for similar threads or start a new thread if one does not exist.
- Disconnect after few minutes playing multiplayer (Problem persists after update)
- [TRACKING] 36202: Disconnect within 5 Minutes of joining a Match
Within approximately 5-10 minutes of joining a lobby or multiplayer game, you are disconnected from the game with an error message that returns you to the game’s home screen.
During the month of May, we’ll be implementing fixes for the connection issues which have been causing players to disconnect early on in their multiplayer matches. Until then, I’ve opened this thread to capture new and ongoing reports of the issue since the latest update (36906)—including any workarounds, diagnostic information, or other details that I can pass to the team for review.
If you are encountering this issue, here are the steps you should try first:
If you are using a wifi connection, try direct-wiring into your modem.
Ensure you’ve updated your modem and router software/drivers.
If you are using a HUMAX router or modem, try setting it to Bridge Mode.
Ensure you have worked through the networking steps, here.
Verify that you’ve worked through these steps.
WHAT WE NEED…
If none of those steps work, here’s what you need to provide:
An IMAGE or VIDEO of the error message
A SAVE GAME or REPLAY file of the game when it happened.
- Host it in a Google Drive or OneDrive folder and share a link so we can pass it to the team.
Your REAL STEAM ID.
- Open your Steam client and choose View , then click Settings .
- Choose Interface and check the box that reads, "Display steam URL address when available."
- Click OK.
- Now click your Steam Profile Name and select View Profile .
- Your SteamID will be listed in the URL at the top left as a long number at the end of the URL.
A copy of your DXDIAG file.
This information will be passed to our Test team so they can continue to look for common factors between players.
FOUND A SOLUTION?
If you manage to find a solution, be sure to let us know here, as well, so we can integrate it into our troubleshooting. There are a ton of factors that can lead to this issue, and we are exploring every avenue in search of a solution for everyone.
Thanks for your help!