TRYING TO UPDATE, UNISTALLED, NOW GET Code: 0x80073CF0

Yeah i have make that, but i have the same answer, it is startet as Administrator.

What you get if you type this in the blue PowerShell command windows and press enter?

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Microsoft.MSDallas

Nothing, no message.

And if you type the following:

dir $env:ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\*MSDallas*

the same like
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Microsoft.MSDallas

You did have the \ before msdallas ?

Because it didn’t came over the first time, had to double it.

Well, this means the package is gone, but now check:

dir $env:ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\Deleted

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Microsoft.MSDallas
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> $ManifestPath = (Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -Name
Microsoft.MSDallas”).InstallLocation + “\App
xmanifest.xml”

Add-AppxPackage -Path $ManifestPath -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode
Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path ‘C:\Appxmanifest.xml’ because it does not exist.
At line:2 char:1

• Add-AppxPackage -Path $ManifestPath -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode
  •   + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (C:\Appxmanifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNotFoundException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Some news on Facebook :
https://www.facebook.com/ageofempires/posts/1889514787752585

@FrostyBud777 True to Microsoft style, the technical support guy never actually called. Cool.

I’m giving up, going to wait for the Xbox live servers to come good, and for the AOE devs to post an update on facebook giving the all clear. That will probably be next week sometime.

Oh well, there’s always AOE2HD on Steam I guess, but it’s got nothing on OG

1 Like

So they finally called, and the level 2 tech couldn’t fix it, so I’m now going to level 3 babyyyy! I’ll get another callback in 24-72 hours.

I’m suprised they haven’t dropped my case yet! I guess something must be going on?

1 Like

Well I hope the fix it asap… or revert back a version till they fix it. Wish a Microsoft personal would say something about this issue.

I try again this morning on the new pc of my son … error … on mine … error … I went to a friend and I log my account at home and error … I try on the PC work … error … it has nothing to do with our windows or PC … are all PCs less than 1 year with w10 home or pro 32 or 64bit

either it’s a real bug of the game / windows store to download that affects only part of the configs (we must all have a folder / files in common that makes us miss installation) …

Either there is a bug with the instant gaming keys with the authorization of download or the acquisition of the license …

Who could install the game with an instant gaming key?

Please let us know of any updates, thanks! :+1:

I bought the game from the Microsoft store. I dont think the instant game key is the cuase. It is the windows store having problems.

Same issue here. Update couldn’t install with error code 0x80073CF0. Tried a few quick tricks including uninstalling AOE:DE. Now I can’t even install it anymore :wink:

HELP.

The official channels on Facebook and Twitter etc already said they were working on it and would announce it once solved.

1 Like

Just 6 more months and maybe they’ll figure out how to let us download this chat bug fix.

I really wonder if they’ve done any work toward ELO, pathfinding, or other bugs in the game.

Not sure. If I have to assume (which is bad), we’ve jumped from version 5314 or something up to 13000+

That is a very huge gap in terms of version/build release and there could be potential more work in this version than just the chat bug fix.

That would be more than in the whole beta oO

But I’m wondering if they are not 2 version numbers, the build (which is 5314) and this 13 000 thing which is different.

1 Like

I guess we will only know once we can get in game and view the version number at the bottom left corner.