Turks feedback

So that’s what ppl feel like when they say “I don’t remember what Portugese are good for except feitorias + piano cannon, I only ever play them as a meme civ” 11
Okay, I guess it’s not such a good bonus when I look at how Portugese are played.

Yes, they’re great in castle and early imp, but when the main problem is getting there in a good position to push…

Janissary + Mangonel will get you there. Jans outrange every unit in Castle Age, except Longbowmen with Yeoman.

No, I mean getting to castle age in a position where you won’t be busy defending. On open maps.

1 Like

Not all civs are supposed to be good on open maps. Turks have goo Archer and Scout Rushes in those, though, and can follow up with Cav Archers + instant Light Cavalry.

Siege engineers don’t affect ships.

Oh, interesting.

However, besides galley cannons, turk bombard cannons may became very annoying with extra range and damage…

I know that usually everyone wants to buff civs strenghts instead of their weakness, but i advise to look for another strenghts, like they did with teutons giving them extra armor. They still are slow (even buffed TK), but have more identity.

If turk identity are gold+gunpowder+CA, and we cannot buff cannons if we dont want an OP monster, we may buff the gold part, or the CA.

What about giving genitours to Turks? As UU, maybe changing Berbers team bonus in extra LoS for camels or free e skirms upgrade.

I guess in this case genitours would need some nerf, and a different name if we want to be hystorically accurate.

Genitours would not culturally fit Turks at all, since they were Iberian natives.

If any other civs were to get Genitours, it would be Portuguese and Spanish.

Then it would be all the same giving them skirms and pikes. Makes no sense.

1 Like

Correct, that is why I said to change the name to be hyst accurate

The whole point of Turks is having bad Trash, so giving them Genitours would completely overrule their designed weakness.

Also, elements in this game do not get redesigned or renamed.

Got it… what about giving cav archer extra attack vs archers? Maybe this can be combined with their gold bonus to be less sensitive to archers in an original way

They already have the best Cav Archers in the game.

Problem with Turks is late Imperial, when Gold runs out, or if they get blocked from access to Gold by rushes.

They have one of the best Castle and early Imperial Ages.

I already said what I would do for Turks, if it was my decision:
+15-30 HP for Spearmen and Skirmishers, in the Imperial Age.

This would still push Turks to Fast Imp, while also helping them when it is needed the most, in case they spend too much Gold poorly, or are barred from access to more of it.

1 Like

I like the idea of a bonus helping skirms. But many people say that Turk problem is vs archer, and that a bonus for no gold would ruin their feature of bad trash.

Personally, I like more the idea of giving them a bonus on their skirms, to fix both late game and archer weakness

It would still be less effective than giving them Elite Skirms and Pikes, but also a bit more compensatory.

They would still have bad Trash, just a little better than what they have, which would help out against Archers.

I Actually like this Idea as a UT for Turks to be able to make them viable in 1v1
UT for Imperialage:
Vasalls: Gain 1 Gold/Second Cost: 500F 1000G
So you need to atleast hold out for ~17 minutes before you start to make Profit off of this tech.

See, I don’t see why you’d do that rather than just make it cost 500 food and require you have 1000 gold in the bank.

1 Like

no they have just generic cav archer with little more hp which doesnt help any situation .Mongol,magyar of tatar cav archer is far more usable and stronger than turks cav archer.
but adding +20 hp for skirmish/spearman in imperial age will exactly sovle turk problem even if it wouldnt get the turks to top or b-c tier but it would make turks at least ‘‘playable’’
and i just tested on editör to give them 50hp skirmishers they still suck on countering mangudai conqustadors longbows etc. but at least they can do good against other skirmishers.
Maybe giving some +4/5 attack bonus against archers could do better i dont know .
but idea look fine i mean +20 or 25 hp

Because then there is like no reason to not ever get it. 500F is a steal!
I’m sure you could also restrikt it so you gain 0,1% of you current GG as an Income/Second with a cap at 1000G. But this still would be a really fast return on your investment if you have >1000G.
Yes it might lock from spending the Gold. But if you get into a tricky situation you can just spend it and work on your gold income once you resolved it.
But if you first have to spend it. That means it’s gone for the next ~17 minutes. And so it is a question of can you afford to spend 1000G now, to be able to spend even more after 17 minutes.
There could be a nice balance with the recources needed to go for the relics. As that can also be gold intensive tast. At least as lonst as you want to make it fast.

Mongol and Tatar Cav Archer lose to Turk Cav Archers.

Magyars win only because of the extra Range, but if they cannot use it, they also lose.

Turks have the best Cav Archers in the game, by cost-efficiency.