Two age up technologies appear in town center

I believe in Blacksmith I queued 1st melee attack upgrade then I cancelled it then added it again and additionally I queued 1st armor for horses - all really fast (using hotkeys).

So I never researched armor but the blacksmith shows I had it already researched or in progress.

What if this happens in the tournament?

Game Version:

• Build: 4941935
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Dont know what it means

Issue:

(Replace with a detailed description of the problem; please limit one issue per thread)
As attached in the image, magyar cav archers seems to have +6 pierce armor. Only +4 should be possible right?

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. (List the steps we can take to reproduce the bug ourselves…)

ATTACHMENTS:

Nothing wrong there, those are magyars cav archer.

1 Like

Update 36906

Make sure you have 800-974 food, 50+ wood, and 200+ gold. Press the ‘go up to next age hotkey’ just as you have clicked wheelbarrow. Once castle age tech has dissapeared, it’s queued up invisibly in the town center. Make sure you don’t actually have enough resources in the bank to queue up both techs. I’m sure this can be done in any age with any other tech in the town center.

EDIT: this can also be done with ANY unit/tech as long as the tech/unit share one common resource and the same upgrade/production building.

EDIT 2: I’ve found a way to do it even more easily - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsEJ3PYojyE

EDIT 3: it’s easier the more ping you have. It’s extremely reliable on multiplayer.

4 Likes

Something for Battle of Africa 2 finals

2 Likes

Okay, I could live with malay bug, but this needs to be fixed asap. Could be seriously exploited in BOA2

2 Likes

Having age up for free would nicely compensate longer research time bug for malay, no?

11111 would be an overall buff

I reported this bug 2 days ago in a PM to a moderator because i dont think having a public thread with reprodution steps is agood idea, but i didnt make a detailed video like yours so atleast that should be helpful for fixing it. I am also 90% sure that a variation of this bug is the reason why you can research techs multiple times. A player that st4rk played with used it and it looked similiar in execution. Definitly not going to play anymore games until this is patched.

2 Likes

Just now, in the practice match between Chinese team and AM team, Nicov used slavic to upgrade the castle age for free. I’m sure this bug really exists.

1 Like

This is the same problem of the multiple techs queuing @GMEvangelos

Similar thing happened to me, researched Feudal age two times. I was Khmer in 4v4 ranked game.

Game Version:
Build: 101.101.36906.0 4941835
Platform: Steam
Operating System: Windows 10

This is accurate. it is being tracked and has a fix in the works! Thanks to everyone reporting the issue and including information to keep us in the know! :+1:

Game Version: 101101.36906.0 4941835

• Build: I don’t know what “build” means.
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: I don’t know what “Gamertag” means.

Issue:

Sometimes buildings make the same improvements repeatedly or work alone and produce units. These do not appear in the production queue, but when this happens, the building is illuminated and there is a white bar below it.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. In this game, archery range was working alone and blacksmith did Brazer 4 times.
    At min 44 starts the bug.
  2. Check this game, they are my friends, and they are not cheaters, i was watching the game on discord and i saw that skirmishes had a lot of range, 5+7 range and 3+8 damage.
    Extra info: game was laggy and i had seen that before in 4 vs 4 laggy multiplayer ranked games.

ATTACHMENTS:

:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH A SCREENSHOT IF YOU ARE ABLE!)

:heavy_check_mark: (BONUS: ATTACH A VIDEO OF THE PROBLEM HAPPENING)

RECORD GAME:

https://mega.nz/file/5hkznK6L#BrlgjBDUYHWnMTAB19T1oH3i7MmRVSHsVdM9BAttryE

This appears to be the same bug as mentioned in Two age up technologies appear in town center

Thanks for the detailed replay and screenshots!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply!

I am not the holder of this video
He shared in other forums
But it doesn’t seem to mention this BUG here
Don’t know how to use this bug
But this video holder is demonstrating with ai
Did not do explicit teaching
This has nothing to do with [going above and beyond]

pvp encountered this situation
I think this is serious

3 Likes

Same issue of here but maybe this is more clear.

It is a known bug and there is a tournament ongoing :=)

I know lots of people have discovered it but the devs haven’t said they’re working on any kind of hotfix or added it to the known issues list which is very concerning.