- Build: 5328560 (latest as of August, 2020)
- Platform: Steam
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Gamertag: Wiwi Clementine
Players can start an unranked multiplayer game and the game will assign you both Blue. You’ll both still be enemies, and you both haven’t selected to be blue, but you’ll both visually look like the same player. (Friend/Foe colors are disabled as well, so that has nothing to do with this).
Here’s how to reproduce the issue, it’s a little specific:
- Make an unranked lobby and have a friend join. Just need 2 players (I haven’t tested with more).
- Player 1 (lobby creator) does NOT select a team color. Leave the color on the (?) question mark.
- Player 2 (joined the lobby second) selects to be blue (1).
- Start the game. If you watch closely, you’ll see that once the countdown is finished the game automatically assigns the lobby creator the red color because blue is already taken – as expected. However, once you actually get into the game both players will be blue despite being enemies. Both players visually see this bug on their computers. It’s not local to one machine.
Note: Both players are NOT selecting to be Blue. If you do that then you get the expected results of being on the same team.