UI elements not showing after garrison

1. Garrison a unit
  2. Select the building immediately
  3. You can no longer interact with the building whatsoever, even with hotkeys
5 Likes

The garrison behavior has also changed, indicating that units now garrison/ungarrison in a different manner/position.

This not only happens with garrisoned building. I have seen blacksmith not showing techs, units not showing stances/formations, etc. all in one game. Hotkeys won’t work in those cases either.

3 Likes

I just experienced it again today and managed to record it. Watch it in slo-mo if necessary. Note that hotkeys won’t work either in such a situation.

It is very impactful in scenarios where you need to act quick. Imagine failing a quick wall because of this bug…

1 Like

Happened to me again today in a tournament set

Hi @SaladEsc
We are already tracking an issue with icosn disappearing from the UI, but could you try to reproduce this issue without mods enabled?
Thank you.

Have you tried to repro yourself? It’s terrible experience for a user to play without mods to spot a sporadic issue.

1 Like

Here you are. Same issue spotted without any mods used:

Rec file:
rec.aoe2record (16.5 MB)

3 Likes

Yes, we tried, some could repro, some others don’t, some with mods, some without, but everytime you have an issue, you should try without mods to be sure there are not outdated mods causing it :slight_smile:

it used to happen but only for the ungarrison key (which made it so that you had to re-select the tc to ungarrison vills)

now it happens quite a lot with the entire panel (still most annoying with ungarrisoning vills from tc because it wastes you like 4 seconds for nothing)

1 Like

I and others I know have had countless instances of this in the past days, every other game or so I notice it especially with the town center trying to ungarrison villagers to shoot the boar. Even had cases of shooting the boar with the tc and losing games because of it. Completely game breaking.

Graphical mods should not have any affect on this afaik.

4 Likes

+1. Not exaggerating at all.

I’ve already proved above to you. Please fix it in the upcoming patch :pray:

2 Likes

the worst timing this can happen is when u try to shoot boar with tc and ungarrison but no button so hotkeys dont work end up boar dead lose all food

people notices this lot more early game cause TC/vills are ####### much heavier and less stuff to pay attention to.

1 Like

Yup, I’m afraid to use the TC to weaken Boars now: ##############################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################

Edit: Ok, the link got chat filtered, trying again with the ######################################################################################################################################

Edit, Edit: Maybe a link to a tweet of the video will work? https://twitter.com/TravisWestura/status/1773055508527636827

3 Likes

Yikes we are not even allowed to share YouTube links anymore? :shushing_face:

@DodoNotDoDo This filter issue happened to me a lot too. Could you have a look? It’s making bug reporting very inconvenient.

Was a link to a Twitch clip.

I’ll take a look. I had to add a special rule for YouTube so probably need to do the same for twitch.

4 Likes

I’m still having this issue on the current patch.

1 Like

You mean PUP or stable? It’s surely very frequent on stable.