UI Revealed!

The Asian one. Villagers are now part of the resource counter. Seems a lot more open! I like it but it takes somw time getting used to. Also cloud shadows on the ground?

It’s in a video on the official FB page:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1458843437486391&id=140033766034038

@“PhatFish AoEH” said:
The Asian one. Villagers are now part of the resource counter. Seems a lot more open! I like it but it takes somw time getting used to. Also cloud shadows on the ground?

What do you mean by “Villagers are now part of the resource counter”? I’m not sure I understand that. I really like the cloud shadows though!

@Fetandrey said:

@“PhatFish AoEH” said:

What do you mean by “Villagers are now part of the resource counter”? I’m not sure I understand that. I really like the cloud shadows though!

He probably means that you can see the number of villages next to the resource counter. But the video has so low resolution that I can’t say for sure if that is the case. Is there a higher resolution version anywhere?

That scene is “copied” from an AoE2 meme. lol

There are two new icons at the resources bar: One is number of units/population, the other is idle villagers. You can see this, because that counter is at 0 while he is building, but changes to 1 once he’s done and is now doing nothing.

Go to normal facebook to see 720p, the link posted is on mobile.

Edit: Also notice the cloud shadows effect on the grass! No new units spotted as of yet.

@Penelinfi said:

There are two new icons at the resources bar: One is number of units/population, the other is idle villagers. You can see this, because that counter is at 0 while he is building, but changes to 1 once he’s done and is now doing nothing.

Edit: Also notice the cloud shadows effect on the grass! No new units spotted as of yet.

Thanks. Found the full video.

That is indeed an idle villager indicator. It seems a bit out of place though. Seems like it was supposed to be in the empty slot near the mini map. Obviously the UI is still WIP.

There are indeed no new units there, but some new assets nevertheless. Mainly, the Asian tower, villager building animation and buildings that are under construction.

I think the first construction phase sprite is particularly interesting. It only has poles in the corners and it seems like you should be able to walk over it. In the original there was at least some differently colored ground in the construction zone to show that you couldn’t go there. This kind of a change would be weird if they intended to keep building sites impassable.

The old game impassable un-built buildings meant you could spam walls and slow down an enemy as they had to destroy the 0HP “foundations” to get through. Maybe walkable foundations will stop that issue, although I can see it being used as a scout if fog is removed within the foundation ;p

We already had some Asian buildings including tower in the 4k screenshots.

The UI looks promising. And if they will remove the impassable unbuilt buildings the gameplay will benefit from a substantial upgrade. Spamming foundations to prevent the enemy from reaching your base was a very cheap tactic.

@qweytr24 said:

@Penelinfi said:

Thanks. Found the full video.

That is indeed an idle villager indicator. It seems a bit out of place though. Seems like it was supposed to be in the empty slot near the mini map. Obviously the UI is still WIP.

Hope this becomes a Signal Allies button like AoE II: HD.

Awesome UI but to be honest I hope the villagers count on resources can be displayed at the UI as well, because it is sometimes hard to toggle the military to economic stuff into minimap buttons to just see how many villagers are working on Wood, food, etc.

So far, it seems like there isn’t enough space at upper UI.

@KingDarBoja said:
Awesome UI but to be honest I hope the villagers count on resources can be displayed at the UI as well, because it is sometimes hard to toggle the military to economic stuff into minimap buttons to just see how many villagers are working on Wood, food, etc.

I think there is enough space. It would fit perfectly as a number at the bottom of the icons, just like with the idle villager counter.

@qweytr24 said:

@KingDarBoja said:

I think there is enough space. It would fit perfectly as a number at a bottom of the icons, just like with the idle villager counter.

Is in the top on left side from pop limit icon.

I would edit the link if I knew how. I can’t seem to find an edit button anywhere.

@“PhatFish AoEH” said:
I would edit the link if I knew how. I can’t seem to find an edit button anywhere.

Gear icon in top right of post. Your profile level (number of stars) gives you longer times before edit is unavailable. I can edit posts up to 1 day, level2 can only edit within one hour, level 1 I believe only gets 20 minutes.

Any chance to view the facebook video outside of facebook?

And if possible, bring this feature to AoE2 HD too.

Can’t wait to see what the bottom panel looks like.
Here’s hoping that it will still have ancient artwork like the old one did

@sonictimm said:

Is a shame.looks like AoE3 interface style.

@KingDarBoja said:

0 A.D uses tooltip to show this information.

@Augustusman said:

@sonictimm said:

Have you played AoE III? No idea what you’re talking about.

@rhrmn said:

@Augustusman said:

@sonictimm said:

Have you played AoE III? No idea what you’re talking about.

Not only play, I now about textures and design.
Im not saying it’s the same, but have similar texture.
If you have a doubt ask me we can compare both. Icons are new. Interface composition is clean as they said in past, try perfect GUI for the series.