Ultimate Potential New Civilizations Review

Sure, that sounds good…

Yes, that’s a whole issue…

Na, I think they will continue to add civs at least until 2025…in the Gamescon sure announce something…

5 Likes

I hope you are right.

So far they have added.
DLC African Civilizations
DLC North American Civilizations
DLC European Civilizations

Maybe in the future they will add?
DLC Asian Civilizations?
DLC South American Civilizations?
DLC Natives of the American Continent?

1 Like

Exactly… that’s where the shots are going to go…

2 Likes

Congolese, Swahilis and Belgians would be interesting in an upcoming DLC. The latter 2 had interactions with the Congo in the game period of AOE3DE. Moreover, the Swahilis had interactions with the Arab-Muslim world and the Belgians were a notable colonial power.

3 Likes

Yes, but the Belgians are a bit late for AoE 3, although considering that we already have the Mexicans and the Ethiopians with the sevastopol mortar I do not see the problem with that…

The poll lacks canada, we have the USA so…

1 Like

If the time comes when Belgium and Canada become the most viable options for the next civ I’d rather they stop adding new civs.

11 Likes

Yeah, as much as colonialism was a bad thing, the Belgians took it to a next level of atrocities with their King’s private colonies which were very late in the 19th century.

Also Belgium did not exist until 1830, so it would be much more sensible as a Dutch revolution choice.

3 Likes

They are very late civs for the chronology of the game, especially Canada…

Yes, that would be more viable, considering that Belgium became independent with the revolutions of 1830…

2 Likes

Actually, based on the AOE3 time period there are several leaders of a potential Argentine civilization.

Bartolomé Mitre

He was an Argentine politician, soldier, historian, writer, journalist and statesman. He was president of the Argentine Nation between 1862 and 1868

Domingo Faustino Sarmiento

He was an Argentine politician, writer, teacher, journalist, soldier and statesman; governor of the province of San Juan between 1862 and 1864, president of the Argentine Nation between 1868 and 1874

Nicolás Avellaneda

He was an Argentine lawyer, journalist, politician and statesman; Minister of Justice and Public Instruction of Argentina between 1868 and 1873, national senator for the Province of Tucumán. In 1874 he was elected President of the Nation by the National Autonomist Party

If Argentina were a civilization in the game, it would have to excel in livestock and cavalry.

Cavalry.
Now that the developers added the mount and dismount mechanic, Argentina could have the most versatile cavalry units in the game.

Livestock.
Concerning livestock, Argentina could bring a greater variety of livestock to the game and at the same time be the civilization that makes the most of livestock.

Possible Argentine Cattle.
Cows, Sheep, Chickens, Pigs, Guanacos.

Argentine Bovine Cattle.
Angus, Hereford y Shorthorn.

I can’t wait to see how you are going to describe Argentina. :smile:

Not the best of sources of information, but I hope this helps you. National organization (1862-1880)

PS: José de San Martín, Guillermo Brown, Juana Azurduy and Martín Miguel de Güemes could be skins for the Argentine General.

PS2: I would love for explorers and generals to be able to mount and dismount.

3 Likes

Well Mitre is the Argentine leader in Wars of Liberty mod, but the most likely is that in the 3 DE they will use the revolutionary leaders in their respective civs aka USA (George Washington), Mexico (Miguel Hidalgo) and so with the others…

1 Like

If they add Argentina, I would love for the AI of San Martin to have special comments for Napoleon and Queen Isabella of Spain XD

Of course… to Napoleon he would say “Ha, we throw your brother after Bailén” and to Isabella the Catholic he would say “Out with the Moors of America… Let us be free that the rest does not matter at all”…

1 Like

:rofl:

It would be nice if the AIs have comical interactions for certain opponents or allies, I don’t understand why there is no special interaction between Washington and Queen Elizabeth of England or between Queen Isabella of Spain and Miguel Hidalgo.

Regardless of what the next civilization is I hope they add some humor for the AIs.

P.S:
Just so as not to deviate from the main topic. I still think that the most likely civilizations are Brazil and Argentina.

Both civilizations are of great importance in South America, both can use the same structure designs, both have a large area of territory that allows the use of the “Federal States” system, and both can help expand the South American continent. (Maps, Minor Civs, Etc.)

I clarify, I would also like the developers to add the Mapuche, but I know that the Indigenous civilizations and the Asian civilizations are more difficult to develop, it is not impossible, but it is less likely that they will be added. (PS: Devs, add the Mapuches)

As always this is just my opinion. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Along with the Mapuches, I think the Guaranis could be a cool playable native american civilization, based on what I’ve been told on this forum.

1 Like

Of course, it’s like everything very neutral… pullitas are thrown but nothing more… they could throw humiliating jokes every so often…especially the civs that are historical rivals…

Guaranies not, but Tupi, which for that matter is the same, but the Tupi are more encompassing geographically…

2 Likes

They put Garibaldi as the leader of Italy, if one day they put Argentina in, their leader will probably be Jose de San Martin hahaha

2 Likes

This is backwards, Guaraní would be a solid civ, but Tupis would be a terrible choice.

Tupi were a disunited people with stone age technology that were nearly wiped out by the Bandeirantes.

Guaraní were trained by the Jesuits to use European tactics and weapons and formed armies that defeated the Bandeirantes. They even had their own homemade cannons.

Tupis appear in WoL, but I don’t think that is a good justification. Guaraní aren’t in that mod because they are hard to separate from Paraguay which is also in the mod so they just got lumped in with the Tupi.

1 Like