Unable to play online: AdvertisementJoinEvent error

While until 12 hours ago I was able to play online, now I receive the error
Source: AdvertisementJoinEvent Error Code 4

The same error appears for both ranked and unranked matches. I had a look if there was any maintenance but I can read that people are playing online without any issue but me.

1 Like

Even I’m facing the same issue. My error code is slightly different though. Did you figure out how to deal with this?

I waited a couple of days and it fixed by itself. Unfortunately I have no idea what the cause was.

1 Like

Logout of steam and then log back in, reboot DE and give it a minute. It should then work.

I’m seeing the same message today, although the error code is different. There is already a hint on the page itself that something is wrong, since the maps to ban or favorite are not working. How I came here: At first the page was working fine today and I could play a 1v1. After that I queued for 3v3 or 4v4 and upon match found people left, it took some time for the page to update and after 20 minutes of waiting and rejoining the queue, I couldn’t unqueue anymore. I went back to main menu and then opened ranked multiplayer again but it opened with a bugged version of already being joined to the queue. So I exited and restarted the game, but now I ended up with the bugs from these screenshots.

Hey, i have the same problem since 5 days. how long you wait?
ty for answer

Been havething this problem for ages. Also getting Error Code: 0x000000005 now…

Kinda giving up playing the game.

Any fix yet ?

I am also getting the same issue, anyone found a fix…?

So I finally found a fix for this. It has something to do with your ip adress.
https://www.iplocation.net/change-ip-address
If you go here and run change your ip address for computer couple of times it worked for me again. Good luck!

I couldn’t fix. I’ve tried all of these solutions. Can someone help me with this?

1 Like

+1 Same problem on 2023

My friend is getting the same problem, He plays through the xbox game pass