Uninstalling the Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition Beta

Thank you to everyone who participated in the latest session of the Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition beta! Now that your beta session is over, you may want to uninstall the game to free-up room on your machine.

We are posting these instructions to the Insiders section of the forums for ease-of-access.

Some quick reminders for your information:

• The Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition beta will be running multiple sessions, rather than a gradually increasing beta like we have done in the past. You will be directed to these instructions at the end of each session that you participate in.

• The terms of the NDA still apply between beta sessions.

• The Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition beta product will NOT work as a pre-download of the retail version.

Uninstalling Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition Beta Microsoft Store Version

1. Open the start menu and search for “Apps & Features”
  2. In Apps & Features, scroll down until you see Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition Beta
  3. Click on the title then click Uninstall

Uninstalling Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition Beta Steam Version

1. In Steam, go to the Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition Beta
    a. If you do not see the game in your library, use the alternative uninstall instructions below
  2. Right-click on the game from the left-hand display
  3. Hover over “manage” from the pop-up, and then select “uninstall”
  4. Confirm the uninstall from the pop-up.

Alternative Steam Uninstall Instructions

1. In Steam, go to “Steam” in the top-left, and select Settings from the drop-down.
  2. In Settings, go to Downloads, and click “Steam Library Folders”
  3. The Library Folders pop-up will indicate the file pathway where you are currently saving Steam game file
  4. Open a Folder, and navigate to the file pathway indicated in your Library Folders
  5. From this folder, go to steamapps -> common
  6. You should see a folder named “AOE3DE_Beta”
  7. Delete this folder
25 Likes

when will be selected the next group of beta testers?

5 Likes

On my version of Steam which I believe is up-to-date, the settings tab is on the top-left instead of top-right when following the alternative Steam uninstall instructions.

So it is. Thanks for the correction :slight_smile:

Hope to partecipate in the next session :frowning:

“Alternative Steam Uninstall Instructions” which is just deleting the directory with beta build is not the proper way to uninstall a software from Steam. That’d be better changed to something like “go to the control panel -> programs and features, there you can find AOE3 beta and uninstall it in a Windows native way”.

3 Likes

are players that got into this session automatically in the next ones? or entirely new groups?

I was able to play one time, there was no many beta tester to link in the multiplayer

Thank you again for the invite.

thanx for inviting , it was fun indeed.

Thank you again for the invite

I recorded some footage to post on the forums for the Beta but was never able to post it. Is there somewhere I cam send it or should I just dump the footage now that this be flight is over?

EDIT: Somewhere I can put it as if the team wants it. I am aware of the NDA and I will not be uploading or sharing the footage anywhere.

@VivisectorGames - The private beta forums are still open until 4:00 PM PT today (midnight UTC)

1 Like

Thank you for the invite.

Thank you for the invite! I hope to paticipate in the future.

Thank you for the invite! :笑:

Thank you for the invite! Always a pleasure to provide feedback and see these games come back to life!

I had the MS Store version. Why does my Apps & Features say it’s only 10.1MB in size? It was a bigger download than that. Regardless, I clicked Uninstall, did it really delete everything?

Thanks for Invite, was pretty fun to play tutorial and a few MP games :slight_smile: