Thank you to everyone who participated in the latest session of the Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition beta! Now that your beta session is over, you may want to uninstall the game to free-up room on your machine.
We are posting these instructions to the Insiders section of the forums for ease-of-access.
Some quick reminders for your information:
The Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition beta will be running multiple sessions, rather than a gradually increasing beta like we have done in the past. You will be directed to these instructions at the end of each session that you participate in.
The terms of the NDA still apply between beta sessions.
The Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition beta product will NOT work as a pre-download of the retail version.
Uninstalling Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition Beta Microsoft Store Version
- Open the start menu and search for “Apps & Features”
- In Apps & Features, scroll down until you see Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition Beta
- Click on the title then click Uninstall
Uninstalling Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition Beta Steam Version
- In Steam, go to the Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition Beta
a. If you do not see the game in your library, use the alternative uninstall instructions below
- Right-click on the game from the left-hand display
- Hover over “manage” from the pop-up, and then select “uninstall”
- Confirm the uninstall from the pop-up.
Alternative Steam Uninstall Instructions
- In Steam, go to “Steam” in the top-left, and select Settings from the drop-down.
- In Settings, go to Downloads, and click “Steam Library Folders”
- The Library Folders pop-up will indicate the file pathway where you are currently saving Steam game file
- Open a Folder, and navigate to the file pathway indicated in your Library Folders
- From this folder, go to steamapps -> common
- You should see a folder named “AOE3DE_Beta”
- Delete this folder