Unique Units? Too much to ask?

It that case they would have it. But I don’t think unique units in AoE1 is really needed its more like AoE2 stuff. I would be happy if we would receive just some new units or upgrades for existing ones like scout, axeman and slinger would get upgrade.

2 Likes

It’s fun when you talk about unique units, because of the images you showed, almost everything is represented by units that we already have in the game. The only ones that do not appear in the game are the battering ram, the caravan, the javelin thrower, and the spear cavalry.

I think there is no place for UU in AOE1, better would be a handful of new units to bring variety to the game.

3 Likes

For example, a unit separated from the academy as a spearman without a shield. Some civs would have a hoplite line and some would have a spearman line.
There could be regional units, for example of Asian type, a different line of swordsmen that would replace the common swordman.
Those seem like better ideas to me.

2 Likes

Or, as I’ve also written a few times, just skin the units and buildings that are already special (Egyptian chariots, Chosonian legions, Babylonian towers, etc.).

1 Like

Each and every comment makes sense. I don’t necessarily want unique units, but new stuff being added in some way. More variety and uniqueness can still be implemented for each culture, as well as several changes could be made to them, in order to spice things up.

Maybe some unit upgrades exclusive to certain civs, or skins as @nostrodomosFU suggested.

Related topic:

3 Likes