Unit/Civilization Balance Changes:

Japon is very OP.
I’m not just saying it, I say it many more, notice that it is above the Incas, and that the Incas are hit harder for much less, defeating Japan is very complicated because they are too versatile, there is no viable strategy unfortunately to face them, and it is surprising that you find people who are unable to accept it. I’m going to spend one last rec because I am tired of spending recs demonstrating the great and evident imbalance that I see every day 13 years ago with this civilization.
Change my mind, I dare you
REC

Nha, excluding 90% of the players is a terrible idea… no offense.

1 Like

You think japan was better than iro otto inde?

The best players can extract the best possible performance from civilizations.
All other competitive games use the best players as a basis for balancing.
See in the old Age of Empires (not DE): at the high level the Iroques and Ottomans are incredibly strong, while at the lower levels Japan and France are stronger. In this example we can see that in reality, the shortest players just don’t know how to use the potential of the strongest civilizations.

When I refer to 10%, I don’t mean that if we put 25% it would be bad, what I mean is that the game needs to be balanced based on the highest players and taking into account 1v1 and team games separately.

You say that 90% of the players would be excluded, but in fact it is the opposite, they would benefit from the best possible balance.
Low and medium level players can and should be taken into account with regard to design, because this at lower levels makes more difference than small changes in balance.

1 Like

Seems remade the votes but no notification for guys to re-vote.

On a TP map Iro or Otto should win, on non-TP maps Japan and India are easily the strongest (assuming RE maps).

Revoted for each category.

All forum I’ve seen that use this kind of setup will always reset the vote when the polls is changed. At least there is a bit conclusion from the previous polls.

India by far the strongest civ on non tp map (59% winrate which is the biggest winrate you can found, better than iro / otto on tp map ^^) but if i remember well china was the 2th on no tp map. Jap is strong but far from op overall on RE.

Also, we are on tp map only now

Yes, explain to me why they are not for you

Yes, it seems to me that you are right in some points, but from what I have seen, the players with the highest elos are main Japan and Sweden, I don’t know if they are able to propose a balance for their favorite civilizations, and well, I always thought very sad that my opinion and that of other players are not taken into account simply because of my ELO, I have lost several games because of the Inca super rush in the first weeks for example.

1 Like

Explain what? statistic are super clair, on RE iro otto india have more than 55% winrate overall pr 28+ where japan 51%

On legacy, no civ was even close to Iro or Ottos they were VERY OP. Not even Japan.

Well, let me tell you that those winning percentages are precisely because those 3 civilizations in particular have the fastest rush of the entire game, what’s more, in ESO there were players who did the tomahawk rush I went over and over again and they got to very high PR based on that strategy (And I don’t say it, the legendary h2O says it), but guess what? In DE that strategy is nerfed. And if we talk about otos and india, the first case has the double rax rush and the second case has the agra rush, which in itself are difficult to counteract, but if they can be repelled it is gg, because both civilizations do not have a very strong echo . The same happened in the first days of DE with the Incas, there were players who made the rush to knock down the enemy TC at 4 minutes with the Incas and reached a very high ELO, but that was already nerfed, now I wonder why all of these clearly OP strategies were nerfed, but Japan that in the above polls clearly tell us that they are very OPs, they only receive a slight nerf from daimaos and pure buff ???

1 Like

And india (overall india winrate was highter than iro ^^)

I’m tired of talking about this kind of stuff. We should be talking about strengths and weaknesses with statistics, but some players are talking about impressions without providing any data.

At the time of TAD, India and Iroquois were civilizations with extremely high win rates, but Japan was more of a problem. I don’t think it is worth discussing with people who say such things.

This is a competitive game, so the official should provide detailed data. Basically, the game should be adjusted so that every civilization has a 50% win rate at a rate of 1400 or higher.

One thing that should be addressed too is the inca chincha boat and that range nerf wasn’t enough. That unit has some ridiculous stats for their cost. Also the fact that it seems there is no limit for how many of these things you can build while warships do have a build limit.

There are a limite but you can outpass it with the big bouton in the port.

I think Japan’s problem is design, not balance. I’m sure that if we get to see the stats, they will be around 50% WR at the top level(maybe not on team games where I believe they’re actually REALLY strong).

The problem is that they are a turtle civ by design, so even beating them is annoying and losing to them is frustrating. So it gives the impression that they are OP for most people.

I see, what is your opinion on them?
I really think it is broken on water atm but on top level that could be different.

I don’t know, i have only see one game where this stuff was abused. There are not so many water player, i think when tournaments will be organized, we will see some kind of broken stuff ^^

1 Like

I am an old Chinese player.Chinese army not Cheap!
Changdao and Arquebusier have an huge problem.If Changdao died!Arquebusier is weakly against Cavalry!And Changdao 95 Food,Arquebusier,85Gold.Do u think its Cheap?
I acknowledged Chinese have 50 Population in age 1
But,We need get 80 wood to create village.
I think you must give Chinese 300 Food in age1.Not 200Food.Because,if u used 2 villagers gather wood.Villager create maybe down!!!Also you can give Chinese 400 wood too!

1 Like

Tbh most of the people who vote are clueless about the game, the results are not very relevant.

2 Likes