- Build 101.101.32708.0
- Platform: Microsoft Store
When turning on UHD graphics, all the units are invisible. I can see an empty map, farms, the HUD, and effects like dust and fire. But no units, trees, buildings, etc; they are just invisible. With the UHD graphics option off, the game appears normally.
- There are no error messages.
- The game does not crash.
- The performance test for multiplayer returns a score of 1290.1 with ultra settings on a 1440p monitor with UHD on. (no units visible)
- The performance test for multiplayer returns a score of 1248.1 with ultra settings on a 1440p monitor with UHD off. (game appears normally)
- Although the invisible units can be selected with the period key, you cannot click them or drag a box around them to select them.
- The computer has no other issues with any other games
- Install the Enhanced Graphics Pack
- Turn on UHD graphics in the video settings
- Start any standard game, campaign mission, the tutorial, or the multiplayer performance test
- Uninstalled and reinstalled the Enhanced Graphics Pack from the Windows Store
- Verified that the version number of the Enhanced Graphics Pack is the same as AOE2DE
- In the windows settings, set AOE2DE to run graphics in performance mode (both options say they will use the 2070 anyway)
- Tested with a 2560x1440 monitor running at 144p
- Tested with a 1920x1080 monitor running at 60p
- Disconnected secondary monitor during the test
- Tested in windowed mode
- Tested in fullscreen mode
- Tested with low graphic presets
- Tested with ultra graphic presets
- Core i7 9700K
- 16GB RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER /w 8GB video ram
- 970 EVO 1TB SSD