Units randomly getting stuck permanently

Phenomenal! Thanks you a lot! :smile:

1 Like

again_-needs-fixing-ASAP_

It happens very often! :neutral_face:

3 Likes

happens to me a lot, every game happens.

1 Like

Just when I thought I was having a good time, playing one of the campaign scenarios without the issue, THIS happened:

Winset’s other Z (Big Momma) got completely stuck in a berry bush! :expressionless:

1 Like

Game Version:

• Build: 38862
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10

Issue:

Sometimes, units come so close from each other when they assemble together that they end going inside one another hit boxes, becoming attached and unable to move unless they get detached.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Select a unit group.
  2. Assemble them somewhere, trying to keep them as close from each other as possible.
  3. Observe how close they come from one another. As they use to become as closer as possible under certain circumstances, eventually two or more can come stuck.

ATTACHMENTS:

Age of Empires DE Units stuck on each other 800 x 450

3 Likes

if you have Nvidia just Alt+F9 (with ShadowPlay), no need of 3rd programs.

1 Like

This bug happen all part of the game (campaign/multi)

I’ve notice that this bug happen much more (but not only!) when you use bigs units, example : elephants, chariots, cavalery, catapulte (no matter about the second unit, that could be another big unit or a small (or two))

For stoping this, you can, as one of these videos, pick the blocked units, make them stop their action (the hand), and them make an action (walk/right click) of one to a direction, and make an action to the second (and/or others) to an opposite way. If that don’t work, repeat, again and again… and again…
BUT, that don’t work all the time. So… try and see ? (sometimes it takes me more than a minute to unlock them). Or kill one of them if you don’t have time to waste…

3 Likes

I hope there’s a plan to fix this because it didn’t happen to me before 38862 update :pleading_face:

I really don’t want AoE1DE to be left behind as it is right now :disappointed:

2 Likes

I also really like AOE1. But all the attention is paid to AOE2. It’s not fair.

5 Likes

There’s also a discussion on Steam about this issue: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1017900/discussions/0/2792746417831935130/

I remember this issue from the original game.

1 Like

I don’t know why it made a come back with version 38862. With update 36211 it didn’t happen to me at all, and I managed to pile up lots of hours (100+) back then.

One of the main reasons why I stopped playing AoE :DE. It got pretty frustrating.

5 Likes

Yeah. Even though I was very, very excited for update 38862, I stopped playing soon after.

Some days ago, I started playing again, since I love the game nevertheless. But I do want devs to fix this mess so we can enjoy the game more and more with each update.

4 Likes

This happens to me almost every game I play whether single player or multiplayer through the gaming Lobby.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up. I didn’t know it happened in multiplayer as well.

Its a very bad bug indeed. It never happened in previous patch. It should be fixed as soon as possible.
I think its related to some changes in unit colision.
Also in current patch its harder for units pass throu in 1 tile spaces.

2 Likes

Game Version:

• Build: 38862
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows
  • Gamertag: KnasKnas

Issue:

Whenever I move units, either to attack, to clump together between some buildings to create choke points, or generally just move them to any location, they can randomly get stuck inside each other. The only way to get them un-stuck is to select the units, click the “stop” command, and move them individually in different directions until they eventually manage un-stucking themselves. This happens to me every game, and has caused me to save during the campaign unnaturally often (PLEASE add Auto-save!) in fear of this happening during an important fight.

The attached video shows this happening, and I manage getting them un-stuck in a short time-span. However, I’ve previously had them stuck for way over a minute, which is really annoying.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. Select multiple units (a combination of horses and foot-soldiers seem to cause it more often. I assume because of the horse’s large avatar, or something)
  2. Move the units to different locations, both Attack-move and regular move-command.

ATTACHMENTS:

4 Likes

This bug introduced in last patch is annoying in fact.

3 Likes

Crossing the Alps scenario. Bug affecting not only a legion, but also Hannibal of Carthage himself, making the whole scenario unplayable: Happening at the start of Crossing the Alps too!

2 Likes