Update 44725 achievement bug

Following today’s update, we’re aware that some users are receiving Campaign Achievements they haven’t yet earned. We’re working on a fix, and for anyone that’s earned Achievements in this way, those will be retained and the upcoming fix will prevent any further unintended unlocks. We’ll keep you updated on when to expect a fix.

4 Likes

I’m trying to get 100% achievements, and I’m now replaying all Age of Kings and Age of Conquerers Campaigns. This morning i was playing the Teutons in the Barbarossa Campaing, and after completing the second mission, i received all three new Campaign achievements. (Lords of the West, which i havent bought yet :smiley: )
I don’t really mind, but i might remove them with SAM (Steam Achievement Manager) so i can get them how it’s supposed to go.

Why do you retain the Achievements “earned” in that way? I guess nobody wants those (me neither even though I got them today).

1 Like

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.44725.06115729
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

I installed the latest patch and after playing one game, i unlocked three achievements for the new DLC (not out yet).

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play a game
  2. Unlocked after AI resigned
    3.Profit?

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

4 Likes

Came here to report this. I played one game as the Burgundians against AI Mayans on Arabia. Won the game and unlocked all three achievements for the new campaigns

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• **GAME BUILD #:

I played one death match game against the ai using burgandians and once i won 4 lords of the west achivements were unlocked in particular those including winning the campaigns + burgandian victory !!!

1 Like

Same here, I played the Dos Pilas campaign to have fun with the new Mayan Skirms. I got all three achievements after I won

Same here after playing ranked 4vs4 with the burgundians

DE getting worst with every new updates…

I also had this same bug.

Managed to get these campaign achievements after winning a 4v4 AI match

Same, even after winning one random (3rd Bari mission) map in campaign got 3 achievments:

Please revoke unintended unlocks?

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.44725.0 6115729

I did the event challenge this morning and uppon completion i got three steam awards for completing campaigns. At first i did not regonize them so i have no screenshot of the pop-up notification but when i went to my steam account i found them as shown in the image below.

Only once because it can occur only once.

1. Do the 2ed asignment of the "new Years event 2021"of producing 21 handcannoneers
    I did it with Turks, i clicked the reset button for settings, in game i collected all relics and crushed the randomly asigned opponent that was the chinese with a fast imp into hand cannoneers and hussars backed up by a fish boom and a castle drop. I picked the collor green.
  2. Win, leave map
  3. Get the achievements Haute Culture, The good the bad and the Fearless, The englisch Justinian

To not get these achievements as they are not relevant to the game i played.

:arrow_forward: Image

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

Not relevant

:arrow_forward: Final comment

This is not supposed to happen and i find it a bit anoying because i sometimes enjoy working for the achievements… I wasnt planning on doing these in the near future but yes most likely in the far future…

2 Likes

Same here with the same 3 achievements. And I don’t even own the DLC yet :slight_smile:

The same happened to my brother. Got all 3 without having the dlc.

• GAME BUILD #: the latest patch from just today, 101 something? Your own forum thread is missing the version build number… Game update 44725?

:point_down: *DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below).
I was granted campaign achievements for campaigns that are not even unlocked. I played a simple skirmish match against AI.

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
I cannot recreate this for the obvious reason that you only get achievements once.

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

1. Play a skirmish match with Sicilians (I was against Incans as random)
  2. Basic, default rules, easy AI
  3. Win the match?

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Clearly not this.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
rec.aoe2record (2.5 MB)
ref: https://steamcommunity.com/app/813780/discussions/2/3109140779881864018/

I finished a campaign scenario (Attila 4, featuring Burgundians), and picked up all 3.

Though I did unlock a general achievement (Losing Your Religion) during the scen, which may have triggered it?

Same thing just happened to me after completing a scenario. I don’t even own the DLC.

The dev team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix.