Upscaled & Zoomed ! That is awesome

Thanks Age of noob !!!

11 Likes

Do you think It looks Great? LOL. Those are really poor model and textures.

3 Likes

I’ve been a critic (hopefully constructively) of many things about the game, but I think the Horses are detailed just fine. If I’ve zoomed this close and they look quite decent, it means it’ll be more than fine when zoomed out at playing levels - not to mention that only a small percentage of people will be able to render the game above 1080p at high settings.

19 Likes

Showww!!!
Very good!!

1 Like

Little disappointing for big budget 2021 game with such low details on units especially considering its no TW with thousands of soldiers but at the end it looks kind of ok. Much better proportions than that first trailer. Doesn’t look overly cartoonish as before.

Maybe a little more random diversity in looks of the same type of unit would help in immersion but
since game will be released shortly expecting some graphic overhaul is unrealistic.

3 Likes

I’m finding the graphics with reservations very interesting!! I’m really interested in the gameplay!!!

2 Likes

the graphics are good, what really matters is to be light and run on as many pcs as possible!!

12 Likes

Some people are excited about the awesome graphics and some are just heart broken that they are not on par with other AAA games.
I think the later some people are confusing a Strategy game with Role playing games. Yes graphics do matter a lot in First person/Third person type games and can make or break the sales of such games. But in strategy games its the ease of play that can make or break the sales. That’s why the developers compromised on graphics a little bit. (Although in my opinion the graphics are not that bad. I just have a little bit issue with unmanned cannons and so but it’s another debate)
I know for sure that some of those people are going to make a texture skin on their own as a mod. I’ve seen that in Civilization VI. So graphics are not going to be an issue for AoE4.

15 Likes

Why should we let a possible solution to modders? We are going to pay 60 dollars for this game After all and this Is a not a good signal for the final consumers and i’m assure you that graphic Is very important thing also for RTS games.

I still don’t understand why they decided to go unmanned AGAIN for the Siege Weapons… It’s a missed opportunity yet again… :confused:

12 Likes

It’s a good idea. Instead of waiting for the modders to make a texture skin the developers should try it out. That way they can attract those graphics hungry customers and at the same time they can experiment how realistic graphics can impact the game. I’m with you in that. 60$ should cover this.

I also agree that any developer that openly relies on Mods to complete/fix their game (like cough Bethesda cough) shows a bad sign. They did say this about the blood specifically, and I was really disappointed. Instead of relying on Modders, just make it an option in the settings, just like Age of Empires II: DE. It’s insane to me that they’ll ship this game with no blood out of the box… It’s a Medieval war game about killing others and destroying civilizations for heaven’s sake.

5 Likes

Believe me that’s my only issue. If my cannons are going around on their own I cannot enjoy the game. It’s my psychological problem. :frowning:

2 Likes

As i ever said in all my posts: give OPTIONS and you’ll make all players Happy. We are all AOE fans here but in this way you are going to alienate a good percent of them without the certain to bring in new players.

1 Like

They might add crew units in siege weapons as an event (different module that you can activate) like the events in AoE2. This is something that many wants, and I expect something like this could make everyone happy.

3 Likes

They need crew, the siege units look so bad. In this video, is that even a trebuchet? where is the counter weight? It looks like it is being powered by 2 rubber bands. (note there were some human powered engines that could fire very fast but needed like 20-30 people all pulling on ropes on a machine similar to this.)

not only is there no semblance to how it operates but when it flings a rock the arm has no follow through. it looks so so unnatural

Maybe its not a trebuchet, I tried going back through old footage and in the big reveal in the mongols vs Chinese battles we do see this same engine… but in the original E3 trailer when it was the mongols assaulting the English castle we see actual trebuchets with counter weights and right mechanics… oddly enough though they seem to share the same base structure… so I wonder if it was changed to this abomination and why?

1 Like

It looks creepy. Even AGE 2 have Cannon with crew. The cannon moving itself.
there’s also useless hook behind for carrying.
IMG_20210730_091654

5 Likes

Nobody say it looks like AoEO. We have some manned small siege, too, such as the Celtic Ram and Roman Scorpio. Heck, our Indians will have elephants manning a siege weapon.

2 Likes

I agree that the Trebs look very unsatisfying. Hopefully they’ll fix in the future

1 Like

I am hoping it is just a similar but different type of siege unit we are seeing… maybe like the culverin of artillery. I do not understand how they could go from a model of a treb to this. Yet they are very similar for to to think they didnt change it for some reason