US Civ

End result wouldn’t be the same from a mechanics point of view.

I imagine it works like picking Gods in AoM, where you essentially make your own custom tailor loadout for your civ as you age up.

1 Like

My guess is that it will be tied up with their new Age Up system, and they will be able to choose “ancestry”.

For example: If you choose to Age Up as a Dutch background colony, you get a Bank, if you Age Up as French background you get some Skirms, and so on.

Imagine that instead of making a revolution just an option to age 5 they make it that instead of going to age 4 you revolt and then you are able to do an special age 5 in which you unlock some cards to improve your revolution special atributes

I am very disappointed that if it is a new Asian civilization, it can be put together with Sweden and Inca. With the new African civilization, it will become symmetrical and beautiful

The devs must CLEARLY know people actually want African, Asian, European and Native American civs, not successor civs.

8 Likes

Yeah, they could have added in Siam, because we already have maps in Southeast Asia, or add Persians with a few maps in Central Asia.

I would have paid for either of those!

4 Likes

Guys, Aussie drongo just upload more info about the civ

1 Like

Cant wait for the Australia civ.

2 Likes

They might be included in the future, i think African civs was no.1 priority for the game and im glad we got them

2 Likes

I’d really love to see a proper representation of steamboats.

They seem to have a consulate-like mechanic that grants them banks maybe?

In all the other Age games they have civilizations relevant from all the ages in the game. So I think it’s good that they add civs like the US that are relevant in the later ages

1 Like

AND THE FREAKING ADDED THE SLOOP INTO THE GAME; WHEN EURO CIVS ARE GOING AROUND WITH CARAVELS IN THE 1800s!!!

2 Likes

If someone could make a mod that replaces the US civ with Danes i would download it. Missed opportunity.

“Should we add the last colonial power from Europe or go with a post-Exploration Age civ that is British 2.0?”

2 Likes

We’re getting Ethiopia and Nigeria so clearly they do.

2 Likes

Lakota & outlaw repeating rifles

Bruh, Texas civ, because it is the only civilized part of the States.

1 Like

Still no excuse not to add upgrades for Caravels and Galleons. Sloops and Brigantines, for example.

1 Like

Ships don’t get a visual upgrade overall (I hope they have though) so that’s the limitation of the game itself.

If the later upgrade techs can transform all ships to steamships and ironclads, that would be awesome.

I’m excited. This isn’t what I feared in being a copy and paste job with little effort so I’m quite relieved.

1 Like

WTF, USA minutmen only lose 1/2 of their health with the time and can be send every 160 second from various buildings. Thats so broken, and allow them to harash your villagers in age 1

3 Likes