US Civ

I would not even need Steam Ships, just an Imperial upgrade to later Sail Ships. It is silly to have Caravels and Galleons in the 1800s, though the Fluyts and Galleys could stay the same as just upgrade to Imperial Fluyt and Galley.

Of course the silly americans are going to make USA broken. They have to heal their pride over losing real world relvance.

1 Like

If they AOE IV does not return to the Middle Ages, of course the United States will appear,

1 Like

And canoes would have a word to say

It’s actually an Australian developer that is making AoE3 DE

1 Like

Yes but you can only complete 3 of the 50 challenges each day so you have to put in 17 days work minimum.

1 Like

Thats a really smart idea and it makes sense :wink:

1 Like

Canoes are actually quite decent, and they fit the natives, which never really had large navies, theough i do agree we should give Nat-Am Docks some upgrades, and at least the ability to hire Corsairs in the Industrial Age.

I am watching AussiDrongo, and all the USA Age Up options are busted. They can literally get Industrial Age for free, aging up to the Fortress Age.

4 Likes

This is from historical battles

Wait, how did Drongo get his hands on this!?

1 Like

Considering how many videos he stuck up at once, it is pretty clear that he was in on it the whole time and was being paid by Microsoft.

3 Likes

He said he wasn’t in on it and that he wasn’t under NDE. Which means he lied about not being under an NDE.

2 Likes

People need to make a living but the way he went about it and his actions leading up to it comes off as kind of scummy. Notice how in the US videos he sounds like an emotionless corporate robot and not nearly as spontaneous and honest as he typically sounds?

2 Likes

Well, they haven’t released anything yet and they’re probably still testing the civ. If it’s really busted, my guess is they’ll change it soon enough before the actual release.

Doesn’t change that he lied so he can milk the Italian speculation hype for views.

2 Likes

Here’s how misplaced the US civ is in the timeline of the game. The reference to the Lews & Clark Expedition card in Age I took place in early 19th century which is seriously late for Age I. At the same time you have British training 17th century soldiers in Age II.

3 Likes

Sevastopol was founded in late 18th century and it’s an Age II card.
Boxer Rebellion happened in 1899 (out of the game’s time frame!) and it’s an Age I card.

Seriously, do people really think the civs were EVER synchronized?
I start to wonder whether people really cared about the history, or really played the game, or maybe both.

In the meantime, people getting a b*ner towards other people getting a b*ner simply ignored this reply.

1 Like

I think some of the unique idea for the US civ are neat, but it seems like they are trying way to hard to make “teh b3st civ evar” that is “'Heck yeah, boyz, 'Murica, buy Age of Empires 3 and rule the day as the greatest country ever!!!11”, rather than a mistaken but sincere belief that the “US civilization” could be properly fit into the time line in some form.

2 Likes

Holy ■■■■!
The USA is going to be super broken!

Literally can have 3 CDB and 2 Settler Wagons as Age 1 cards, gets 2 choices at Military Wagons at Age up to Colonial but paying only 800 Food (much better than Logistician), has a tough choice between a Factory or free Industrial for Age 3, gets Gatling Gun card for no rechange animation and a Skirm that is better than Ports Organ Guns and Caçadores

Who designed this piece of low-level modding fanfic?

3 Likes

Yeah it’s like everyone has this massive Murica b*ner and doesn’t really care about the fact that they’re the only civ that shows up a whole 300 years into the games timeline and that we have a revolution already for these kind of civs.

5 Likes