US Civ

‘Capitalism’ is another thing that should really be European if anyone should have some kind of ‘Capitalism’ buff it should be the Dutch surely? Just like how Britain should get early factories.

I think the US could have been interesting if they were more based off the War of Independance with gurrila and ambush tactics and not being as strong in a stand up fight at least not until late game. US currently seems based off 19th century America.

2 Likes

It’s almost like… you are playing as a frontier outpost that’s associated with a larger nation…

1 Like

In the overview vid posted on Youtube, the 15yr old narrator is talking about How America is the best place on earth and then about taking things from other nations, I love how Poland is somewhere he takes horse upgrade from :wink:

and everything about them is really OP hahaha

3 Likes

no need to be mean about it.

i like many others had hoped for something else but there is no reason to go after individual people working at FE/microsoft/tantalus.

When can I buy the US civ on steam store

When you look at this picture, you can see some details:

This is the coat of arms of Poland, not the flag - Poles have never had their coat of arms on a red background as a flag. Another detail about the flag is the lack of the Lithuanian Pogoń - the coat of arms of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. The lack of this symbolism can be sad :sob: :rage:

obraz

This is what the PLC flag looked like.

The second detail is the appearance of this Card’s icon. Uhlan on this icon is based on the actual appearance of Polish Uhlans :blush:

obraz

The National Cavalry from 1791

Uhlans of the army of the Duchy of Warsaw

Polish 1st Light Cavalry Regiment of the Imperial Guard charging (Chevau-léger - in Polish: Szwoleżerowie)

1 Like

What time will this challenge and DLC be released?

They haven’t announced the exact time, but as soon as we know something you can be sure they announce it on the news page

Now it’s 02:46 in Redmond so they’re asleep :smiley:

Maybe when it will be 8-12am with them, maybe they will add.

Still no idea what time the US join the game?

Start Downloading for a while, 30% now. The Microsoft Store version released faster than the Steam this time.

1 Like

Outside of the same 5 people in these forums there is no reason to think the addition of the US is going to make players leave the game lmao.

1 Like

Someone bought this DLC?

I will try to complete all 50 challenges - I have already done 3 :wink:

These DLCs cost PLN 17.99 on Polish Steam (converted into EUR 3.94). DLC for Civilization VI (one civ pack, e.g. Portugal civ) costs PLN 21.00 (converted into EUR 4.60).

I think the price of this DLC is not bad. On the other hand, it’s a pity that these DLCs give you nothing but US civ for example: American natives civs or campaigns.

1 Like

AOE 3 does not follow accurate historical timeline, battles, or civilizations, it’s a game
If you want to be historically accurate Germany should not be in the game, Frederick the Great was Prussian not German. Germany did not become a nation until 1871
And the Danes were never a major power on the international stage
Russia, Germany and Sweden were not colonial powers
I am excited for any new civs for AOE 3 DE including The US

1 Like

Actually, Germans existed for a long time. Nations are typically named after the people not the other way around. Frederick the Great was Prussian and German.

Russia and Sweden were both well-established colonial powers. The Germans as whole eh. The Hapsburgs were definitely very imperialist though.

2 Likes

dont agree with that, the navy was an absolute power unit which is why Denmark got involved in the Napoleonic war to begin with (well if we exclude the minor skirmishes that happened with France in the beginning)

placement in the center of 1 of europes most important tradelanes also made the country extremely important for the trade and incredibly wealthy.

and then there is the 30 years war, while Denmark certainly didn’t do a great job this is more about a series of bad decisions and broken promises from their allies than anything to do with capability, the country was asked to go in since it was seen as the most capable country that was in a position to actually interween at that point, had that war gone different or had Denmark simply not gone in (at least alone) then europes borders today would look different.

but anyhow, was Denmark as important as Britain, France and Spain? obviously no, was it so unimportant that no one cared about it? the answer to that is also no, Russia in particular wanted to be on good terms since their weakness in naval was basically nullified if the country helped them out, Britain always held a good deal of respect to the Danish navy and it is worth pointing out that when the 2 sides finally did engage it ended tactically inconclusive and tied a big chunk of the royal navy up for the rest of the war.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback
nice to see someone who knows history

Lucky they moved away from that theme then :slight_smile:
opens the way for more civs too

1 Like

You’re very welcome!

Forgive me Lord, for I have sinned:

2 Likes