US Civ

Age III covers the period from 1500 up to 1850, Chayton Black’s campaign - whose civilization is USA - go even further to 1876. I think that United States are a nice and coherent add on, if they are balanced and not OP.

1 Like

All civs are present in some way during the Discovery Age and they even reworked the revolutions to make post-colonial civs more viable but screw that let’s just add MURICA as a main civ and ignore more relevant civs such as the Danes (last european colonial power) because who cares about Denmark right? MURICAAA!!! It’s the center of the earth!

4 Likes

Also aztecs are known for their industrial age culture.

1 Like

They are a people group, not a country. Aztec empire fell yes, the Aztec people not.

1 Like

And the US are known to have traveled back in time to settle the new world in the exploration age. Two wrongs don’t make a right, at least Aztecs are an original civ in the timeline and could be played as a “what if” scenario. Survive their initial conquest and keep building their empire, it’s certainly more viable than a post-colonial civ in a game about discovering the new world.

Aztecs were already a mistake to add into the game, because they fell right at the beggining of the timeframe, but they are leaps and bounds more justifiable than USA.

1 Like

Yes i’m not a fan of Aztecs but as TouchierFiend said, they are not only an empire but a people so it’s not completely broken to have them in the game.

Also i love how all the defense for the US civ is basically “but… but… this ALSO doesn’t make sense so MURICA!”. All their arguments are basically pointing at other inaccuracies to justify their own.

3 Likes

They literally get the most unoriginal meme civ, that gets a mashup of all the Euros bonii and units, and worship the Dollar.

If I was American, I would be sending a complaint letter to the devs.
It is literally a worse design than Japan and Sweden, because those are bad designs for the reason of being overpowered, while the USA is just a mash of everyone’s strengths with no originality.

Might aswell as make a campaign about distributing pox-ridden blankets, at that point.
Stole from the Euros, stole from the Natives…

4 Likes

The US is a greatest hits civ. Not only misplaced but i watched the yt and it looks completely anachronistic and awful in its design. I can say right now that this is the worst civ to be added in ANY AoE game and i was already skeptical about some inclusions in AoE2:DE but i wasn’t horrified as when i saw the US gameplay.

2 Likes

I agree, they have a church that works as a bank now, and can get up to 20vill worth eco just through the trickles they get. Ppl complain about not being able to raid buildings that gather ressources, this is even worse.

And let us not forget a Capitalism card taht is the strongest free Coin trickle in the game.
Not even a Factory nets you as much “hands off” worth, since it can be destroyed.

1 Like

That just sounds fantastic. The only reason I don’t say this civ is free elo is because u have to pay for the dlc.

You do not have to pay. Just complete the challenges. That is what I will do.

1 Like

In particular, I have no problem adding this civi, I don’t care about historical precision, and several times impressions have been shown, we should be used to it.
But what need to give them so many drips and abilities from other civilizations?

1 Like

Why would you? you said in another thread how USA civ is the biggest disappointment of the decade. Seems like you’re gonna hate this addition no matter what. Why add something that is optional?

3 Likes

Chayton Black’s home city has the American flag but we both know he doesn’t “represent” the USA. In his first missions it is just him and his railroad goons and in the later missions you’re basically the Sioux. I’m not a fan of how people use the campaign “USA” to justify a proper USA civ.

1 Like

Also true with the amelia campaign. You represent the falcon company, not the us

1 Like

Yeah but you can only complete 3 of the 50 challenges each day so it will take at least 17 days of hard labour to unlock the USA for free. Forgotten Empires should be paying me for the work.

dont forget the hero running around saying “for America!”

1 Like

from the video it seems like this is a general update to trickle cards and not unique to the US.

1 Like