[v.0.5] Resource Manager - Viewing, comparing, creating and extracting files from Age of Empires III .BAR archive

Thank you for the convenient tool! Is there a way to use Wine to run the program? I only have access to Mac computers and I’d like to start learning how to mod.

Unable to convert DDT files to TGA using Resource Manager or AoE3ED. Getting parameter incorrect error.

DDT to TGA conversion working fine on v0.4.2. But the latest version v0.5.0 is error for freshly extracted files.

After one conversion by v0.4.2, v0.5.0 is able to process it fine.

Is this still available? Github pages are gone

4 Likes

hey, I just checked and the AoE3-Modding-Council github page is empty of all its repos.

What the Hell happened???

We NEED that resource-manager tool

1 Like

Gonna upload it for now here → 3.91 MB file on MEGA

**Note: ** I have edited the orginal post, with the link updated.

6 Likes

Yea seems to be removed. I accessed on wayback and was able to access and view the original Github and found the download link for the google drive but the file has been changed to no longer be public asking for permission to try and download.

Nice it has been reuploaded - can mirror if we want another location. It’s MIT license so not an issue.

1 Like

I do not understand, what happened or why VladTheJr to do such an way???

Mainly, the toxic aoe3 community pushed him away. Guy didn’t ask for anything while making these tools available for everyone. They were also all open sourced on his github. He also didn’t like the over laming in aoe3 DE, where it didn’t matter your skill level, you could win through pure bullshit civs.

Oh! so sad :frowning: I hope he come back at some moment

1 Like

In the original post, the link to install .NET Core leads to the .NET 3.1 page. But since the version 0.4.4, Resource Manager need the NET 6.0.

Maybe the original post should be edited?

Will edit the post for him ^^

3 Likes

I forked the project and i release a new version upgrading to .NET8. It comes only with the portable version.

5 Likes

Could someone make a version of this for AoM Retold soon? The current Resource Manager does work on most AoM Retold files, but it can’t extract some of the .ddt files due to some compression issue.

1 Like

Looks like someone has already done it: [v.0.7] Resource Manager - Age of Myth Retold .BAR extractor

age of mythology retold

hi, i’ve tried with 0.5/0.6/0.7 version but for test it, but when i modify a proto.xml file and game doesn’t starts. extract data.bar, converts proto.xmb into xml, modify it, converts again into xmb. in the end recreate a data.bar and i obtain an fail error. i thought it was a beta issue

Error: The number of strings in string_table.txt has been changed since the last time athensstringdb.h was generated. Please regenerate headers using GenerateStringHeaderFiles.bat - game stability compromised

what’s mean??? with aoe3 de program works very well
i would like my mod but here not works :cold_face:

Never do this, never create a new bar archive. Use the modding system properly and put your changes in your local mod folder.

1 Like

i’m trying but not works, i can’t found online a guide for modding:
mod/local/proto.xml? not works
mod/local/game/data/gameplay/proto.xml? not works
mod/local/data/gameplay/proto.xml? not works

i downloaded a mod for example and it was
mod/subscribed/modX/local/game/data/gameplay/proto.xml

however on aoe 3 de i recreated bar file and game works. on aoe 3 de much much less difficult!

EDIT: NOW WORKS!!!
how much effort… i hope will an updated version of the resource manager be released to create the new bar files to aom retold

miss mod name…
C:\Users\xxx\Games\Age of Mythology Retold\yyy\mods\local\namemod\game\data\gameplay/proto.xml

I don’t get why you want to make a bar file, there is no need for it.
Use adaptive modding, otherwise your stuff will break every update the game has.

1 Like

and i didn’t know these things, in fact i never really tried to do my mod of 3 de because of this problem here. i lost the desire to redo everything with every update