Very Happy for Beloved AoE3, but a Colossal Missed Opportunity: PERSIA

Of course, of course I understand…

1 Like

Correct. Persian architecture is one of the original mother-styles in the world. Moroccan is similar to Moorish buildings. Ottoman is a very eclectic mix - Turkic, Persian, Byzantine, Anatolian.

All three are extremely different construction art. Persia and Otto are too big, too unique civs, they need their own unique building set. A much-needed Persia single-civ DLC would be sensational boost for AoE 3 and should also rework / fix Ottoman buildings.

7 Likes

I can imagine how incredible it would be.

Please check out my AoE4 DLC investigation & poll on the AoE4 Discussion forum dear friend, you can vote for 3 different DLCs containing Persia (“Crusades”, “Crossroads of the World” and “Superpower”). You can contribute architecture ideas.

Sorry, I’m not exactly hooked on ‘Age of Feminist Mongols’.

Only played beta. Still on wait-and-see mode, maybe revisit if there’s ever a DLC. Anyway, gonna check out your ‘investigation’.

More like India 2.0, WHY DO WE NEED THIS CIV?

What are you drinking to think India is any way similar to Persia?

7 Likes

That’s like the people saying Portugal and Spain are the same

Dunno everybody suggesting elephants, buildings, and camels. I’m pretty sure is going to be like a weird mix of Otto + India.

Dude. Persia/Irian is nothing like India.
Is Korea like Japan? Is Britain like France?
Is Mexico like Brazil?

5 Likes

The easiest way to understand the Persians is to look at the wiki, Persian elephants are imported from India, Persia does not produce elephants.

3 Likes

No one that knows what they’re talking about is suggesting elephants for Persia. They didn’t use war elephants in this time period.

Zamburaks are Persian so they should have camels, but that would be about all that they would share with India.

7 Likes

Because it is Age of Empires, Persia is one of the biggest empires since forever, and also since Age of Empires, like, the original thing. Enough?

By the way I’m not against Italy, but it was not an empire. ‘Italy’ did not even exist (Malta, no comments).

No it’s not - but Britain is still more similar to France than Persia to India.

According to hamlet, we don’t need Persia because they once imported elephants from faraway India.

So logically, we don’t need British and French, since they both had Musketeer - which was invented by Ottomans still back in AoE2 time (‘Janissary’).

Nothing beats the fairness of applying one’s own principles equally!

2 Likes

I think from the Age of Discovery to the First World War, the civ that aoe 3 needs to add most at present is the Persians. Persia has been fighting against the Ottoman Empire, and later against Tsarist Russia. It is a very powerful Gunpowder Empire.

6 Likes

Crossroads of the World" would look great both as dlc for aoe 3 and aoe 4…in AoE 3 it would be Safavid Persia and Oman and in AoE 4 it would be Sassanid Persia and Turks/Ottomans or Byzantines… that would be a very good dlc for aoe 4…

3 Likes

Because during the period of aoe 3, Persia was together with the Ottomans and the Mughals, one of the gunpowder empires…in addition, between the Ottomans and the Indians there is a very large geographical gap that has to be filled…

4 Likes

Cultural issues I suppose, northern India had a lot of Persian influence since the times of the Achaemenid empire…

1 Like

I suppose “Crossroads of the World” is a reference to my DLC investigation + poll in AoE4 forum?
I’m grateful for the reference to the investigation from one of the best members here, man. Please share a few words there if possible?

Well both countries have a relatively common origin during the Middle Ages, and began the colonizing period more or less in the same way, Spain with America (fighting against Aztecs and Incas) and Portugal with Brazil, Africa and Asia…moreover they were a single country ruled by the same dynasty between 1580 and 1640…

Of course, it would be a civ more focused on camels than on elephants and to that add the power of the gunpowder of the Ottomans…

Of course, if there is Italy and Malta, I do not see the problem that this Persia too… besides that in all the aoe, except for the 4, there was always a Persian civ…