Very Happy for Beloved AoE3, but a Colossal Missed Opportunity: PERSIA

Yes, obviously…they try to make the dlc showy and profitable for them… as well as in the AoE 2 DE were Indian civs, in the 3 DE were Mediterranean civs…

1 Like

Lo más probable es que los polacos sean similares a los alemanes en caballería…pero tengan cartas en las distintas edades según la casa gobernante:

1. Edad de la Exploración/Casa de Jagellón (1386-1587) (arrancaría con la coronación de Jogaila tras la muerte de Eduviges en 1399 y la creación de la República de las Dos Naciones en 1572 hasta la coronación de Segismundo III de Vasa en 1587)

2. Edad del Comercio/Casa de Vasa (1587-1669) (acá tendrías la supremacía sueca en Polonia,la conquista de Rusia por Polonia en 1611,la Guerra de los 30 años y el período del Diluvio)

3. Edad de las Fortalezas/Casa de Sobieski y Wettin (1674-1763) (Húsares Alados -mejora del húsar veterano de segunda edad;y luego las primeras particiones del siglo XVIII hasta llegar hasta el final de la Guerra de los Siete Años)

4. Edad Industrial/Casa de Poniatowski (1763-1795) (Acá sería la Constitución de 1791 y la última partición polaca de 1795)

5. Edad Imperial/Casa de Romanov (1795-1917) (Acá sería el Gran Ducado de Polonia,la Polonia del Congreso y las revoluciones de 1831 y 1863)…

2 Likes

It would have been just as successful without Malta. People have been wanting Italy and a European expansion since the game first came out.

If anything, the way they botched Malta to feel like it’s a low effort mod detracts from the DLC.

3 Likes

In fact Forgotten Empires is still a group of modders, which also adds other groups of modders from both NE and WoL… and they said they added Malta so they could reuse buildings from Morgan’s campaign, say the deposit and the fixed gun…

2 Likes

I have heard a lot of people praising inclusion of Malta and said they liked Malta. It would seem you are the only one who dislikes it.

4 Likes

cierto, esos activos fueron reutilizados, pero ya la metrópolis, el centinela, y las cartas de la civ tuvieron que hacerse en su mayoría de cero.

4 Likes

I personally like Malta, don’t know why some people hate on them

1 Like

When we see Moroccans, Omanis, and Persians being added, then we can definitely imagine the Middle Eastern building set being made and most certainly, the Ottomans’ architecture set would be changed to the Middle Eastern building set.

2 Likes

Yes, not for so much…many of us love new civs and they have to do with the thematic dlcs that are taking out…

Claro,eso es cierto…

Yes,something like this…

Yes that is possible for those to be houses but the Middle Eastern houses could also be looking like complex structures with Middle Eastern designs as seen in AoE2. With the Middle Eastern building set being an intercontinental building set, I could imagine seeing Middle Eastern versions of buildings that are only available to a certain continental set of civs (I.e. Middle Eastern versions of the Mill, Arsenal, and Artillery Foundry which would be given to the Ottomans, Middle Eastern versions of the War Camp and Palace which would be given to the Moroccans, Middle Eastern versions of the Castle, Consulate, and Rice Paddy which would be given to the Omanis and Persians). As the Moroccans, Omanis, and Persians would be added, I can imagine the Mosque and Imam being also available to those civs because those civs are also Islamic civs.

1 Like

Mate, I’ve detailed here a full comparison between Ottoman, Persians and Moroccans architectures and showed how absolutely different they are from each other

In the same thread I’ve showed how accurate is the Ottoman representation in AoE3, confronting real buildings with in-game images

I’m asking you to stop promoting distortions, as you’re clearly advocating for terrible cultural misconceptions

The erroneous AoE2 design for the Turks is a far-fetched, stereotypical depiction that does not reflect any reality

Paradoxically, the Central Asian architectural set of the Cumans, Tatars (both Turkic people) is a good representation of Persian architecture that would have been ideal for the said Persians but also the Seljuks, especially the Eastern ones that used Persian architecture rules to implement their own specificities (four-iwan plan, polygonal tower tombs, use of stone instead of bricks, sophisticated stone-carving decorations, combination of madrasah as spiritual and catering places)(unlike the Anatolian Seljuks that also borrowed Byzantine inspirations, from which the Ottomans will emerge and later will rely on even further), on which the Turks’s civ is mainly based upon

2 Likes

I like the idea, but the issue is these yurts/tents are implying military camps rather than houses from a settlement

They’d more appropriate in Scenario maps (Great Turkish War, Napoleonic Wars…), but the Command Post replacing the Town Center in these maps somehow plays that role already

Besides, war tents were used by all factions in campaign too: if European, Asian, American, Native factions are using houses rather than military housings, so should the Ottomans or the Persians !

I’m not advocating for terrible cultural misconceptions. The point is that Moroccan, Persian, Omani, and Turkish architecture consists of Islamic architectural designs. Again, I understand the need to avoid stereotypes which is why I stated that the Ottomans should still keep the function of the European civs (having Veteran, Guard, and Imperial tiers for units, European exclusive units, etc.) and I know there are buildings in Turkey that have Mediterranean designs as well but then with Islamic designs also existing and as well as the fact that Turkey is in the Middle East, it would still be a good idea for the Ottomans to have the Middle Eastern building set.

The matter is that although they use some common principles found across the Islamic world, the Moroccans, Ottomans, and Persians all are architecturally distinctive enough from one another that a common generic Middle Eastern architecture set isn’t fitting for these three civilizations.

3 Likes

But I think it’s still a good idea to have a common Middle Eastern architecture set because it can help increase the diversity among regional building sets (yes, I’m talking about building sets used by more than one civ).

The best way to maximize that is the if these three civs get their own unique build set each.

2 Likes

Of course, I understand…

Of course, I wouldn’t have said it better…

1 Like