Viet need change or small bonus

I have an umbrella on my balcony as well. I use it to defend from the sun and the rain. Really powerful, gives my flat at least +100HP :Kappa:

2 Likes

Hmm hold on my idea elephant is not choice for make different, bonus charas is wrong, should be remove it back before 50hp and take other bonus. /
About paper money it better if compare with Bohemian UT I think. But it not important tech because it not make new anything for Viet. And nerf old civil I have see some post talk about it long time ago but it not do.

100 extra hp help eleohant to hold 3 extra halberdier hits, which is a huge deal specially if elephants are accompanied with imp skirms.

We could discuss to split this bonus into a freeciv bonus and an UT, like it happened with sarracen zealotry and burmese howdah, so the elephants start in castle with 50 HP (monks still would counter them).

But leaving the UT effect only at 50 HP is not enough for the elephants. Remember that the original tech was +30HP, then it was buffed to +50HP and recently to +100HP.

(And before DE, vietnamese didnt have husbandry)

2 Likes

Hmmm yes I understand every thing you said. But if let this update charas it very hard for ask for the special change from this civil. Because this update now you see every post so much idea protests it. Although accher or UU, economy more need change to make different

1 Like

One thing that makes harder asking for changes is that vietnamese are played in tournaments (because they are flexible and not banned). Usually the civs buffed are among the bottom5 in the ladder and nor played in tournaments.

If you want to buff their eco then you can extend their wood discount to the archery range, saving moreans less 500 wood resources fron thumb ring and elite skirm (i consider his too much free wood for a buff, it is like the same wood they save in castle age)

Another option isco sidering treadmill crane as an ā€œeco techā€ so it is affectes by the wood discount.that is another 200 wood.

Another option more suitable for a civ with a flexible techtree is buffing its late game. Their ā€œpowerspikeā€ in imperial age is ā€œfree conscriptionā€ which is nice but easy to research for every other civ. The main advantace of free conscription if you already have a castle is that castle can produce trebuchets directly at faster speed in imperial age. I see this as a nice defensive bonus against a castle drop.

Lets say we want to push this powerspike. Then, we could give more free castle techs in imperial age.
For example, they could receive free sappers as a tech. This would more save castle time and is niche enough for being OP in all matches. Also, villagers destroing buildings somehow compensates for the weak vietnamese buildings. And besides the sappers maim effect, it also buff lumberjacks a bit (they only have to hit a tree once instead of three times before collecting wood), so this would ā€œcomboā€ with paper money giving gold per wood.

In the contrary, free hoarding may be too annoying after a castle drop. So I would propose free sappers for the moment, and free hoardings only if they nees a huge buff.

3 Likes

I totally agree with number 1, 4 and 5. However:

1. Free conscription is really weak, it may as well not be a bonus at all in Imperial age. My solution would be either elite BEā€™s upgrade is free or halve its upgrade cost as civ bonus. Their elephants are supposed to be meat shield yet so ridiculously expensive to upgrade to be useful in imp.

2. Itā€™s actually a very solid eco bonus, a lot of high ranking players agree with it. Iā€™m no pro, but I have to say their eco is very smooth.

The new UT you suggest is ok ish, but most people hate 1 time use UT after they released Burgandians and Sicilians . Let the trend of 1 time use UT die out for good.
My solution would be a new UT called ā€œrapid advanceā€ which increases movement speed for foot archers and skirms by 15% (this is historically accurate and make their archer play feel better and less generic)

3 Likes

How you can thing the best idea like it:) really some thing good with the hit to tree yes it good idea really ( in DE need 2 hit to you carry wood not 3. :)). :rofl::face_holding_back_tears:. About archer I donā€™t know just make it a bit when I still see rattan bad, frame delay too high, speed shoot too. :frowning: Like me say you before @@

2 Likes

NĆ³ this tech make Viet ok but you see plume archer will be lose function

by foot archers I meant the arbalest line, it shouldnā€™t affect rattan.

A speed boost for archers is ok to me.
But atm rattans are 10% faster than the archer line. I personally would not touch speed. Otherwise rattans tend to loose their utility.

The archer speed seems the only remaining archer bonus and I think it should be given to Italians which atm really suck in the early stages (and 15% is a bit too large).

I think this might be very useful. But free conscription is so small that you can even leave it.

Another thing about the civ I am offert complaining is the frame delay of rattans. Is still the old terrible one?

I think theyā€™ll keep this for a new DLC civ

1 Like

I just tossed the idea around, the number doesnā€™t matter as it can be adjusted to balance thing out.

As for Rattan, I donā€™t think they will lose their utility as they still have very high P armor, and yes they still have terrible frame delay, I donā€™t know why the Devs refused to buff it while a lot of peopleā€™ ve been complaining about it including me.

2 Likes

I really donā€™t want a speed bonus for Italians to be honest. It just feels wrong. Their whole theme should kind of be slow tanky archers in a way, so I would much rather they got extra armor. If Vietnamese do need an archer buff, regenerating archers is always an option. Iā€™ve also toyed with the idea of their archers not revealing their location when they attack.

I didnt notice that now they need only 2 hits. Wow.

Anyway, if free sappers is not enough (because it is a very niche tech), we can give them free hoardings to improve the imperial power spike without castles

Another idea that have been discussed before is making their castles techs (conscription, sappers and/or hoarding) the ability to be researched in castle age (not for free).

Or we can scrap the free conscription and give them a new equivalent bonus: "militar buildings work 11% faster in castle age, 33% faster in imperial age). This would make their buildingbproducion as fast as aztecs in castle age (remember that aztecs also lack masonry) and normal speed in imperial age butbwithout the need of conscription.

2 Likes
  • Free conscription is a decent bonus. Means you donā€™t have to delay your trebs and you get more of the benefit from the early imp. power spike because you can get more arbalest / rattans out faster
  • Economic upgrades cost no wood is decent. Means you can always afford 3 TC when you hit castle age + all the eco techs. And it synergises well with needing wood for crossbow and building university or siege workshop.
  • Imperial Skirmisher doesnā€™t need buffing, theyā€™re already a strong unit in the late game, especially when gold runs out. If you want to distinguish them from Rattans, then change Rattans, not skirms. Theyā€™re not useless like Genitours, because thereā€™s no situation where youā€™d choose Genitours instead of elite skirms or Camel Archers. Nobody uses Genitours. Whereas imperial skirms are very commonly part of a Vietnamese late game army.
  • Chatras is a good tech and encourages more elephant plays. If you want to get rid of a tech, get rid of Paper Money. Itā€™s way more boring than Chatras.
2 Likes

Agree. Paper money is still the #1 priority before any other buff

3 Likes

Swap paper money and chatras. Reduce paper money cost and remove the gold portion for wood

3 Likes

Even without reducing the cost or swapping both UTs, replacing the gold portion for wood would be a nice buff in a lot of situations whem wood and food is abundant but gold is not

2 Likes

Many people talk about this idea and this good better conception @@. :rofl: With me anything but Iā€™m inclined remove frame delay shoot of rattan :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

No look at the bohemian tech same VIet it is not fair

1 Like