Vietnamese need change some thing more

What if paper money additionally affected the market a bit, like guilds?

6 Likes

Oh yeah that would be cool. What if it did something like cap off how expensive something can grow for the Vietnamese player only, like create a max cost of stone at 250 or something. Or maybe instead, have paper money reduce the purchase price of resources while leaving sell prices unchanged (Saracens already kinda get a guilds bonus).

1 Like

Increase the minimum sale price on wood by a few gold, justification, turning wood into paper money

3 Likes

The idea is giving paper money more utility after (and even before) gold runs out

Vietnamese has a decent trash with imperial skirms despite not FU light cav and halb (no hussar, no blast furnace), all their army is gold intensive (except imp skirms) and they dont have gold shaft mining eco tech.

This would allow them to buy some
extra BBC or trebuchet in the late game

imagine its like its costing more the more ressources wood and food you have but you get more gold in return

vietnameese are fine:

• HP on archer is underrated especially against knigth. Yes you donā€™t want your archer in melee but it will happen at a moment. More hp can help on archer vs archer fight.
  • Trashwar is ok since imp skirms beat the halb and other skirms. And itā€™s less vulnerable to ligth cav. Yes, thereā€™s better civ for trashwar (Spanish, Magyar) but they are in top 10 civ in trashwar.
  • Eco is decent.
  • Paper money is hell to balance: if it gives to much gold, itā€™s always worth it. If it doesnā€™t then itā€™s useless. In the actual version, itā€™s decent. You donā€™t want to rush the tech but it could be usefull later on.
  • Rattan are strong. Difficult to mass but if you make it too easy to mass, it will be borderline OP. They got high speed, which is super important in many matchup.

The only thing that makes me sad: they got the worst BE. I would like to see a small buff on that direction, just to make it viable. Actually itā€™s just an ok meatshield.

No I think they not ok from start, paper money not indeed from viet, it from china. And it worst at all. Viet suck with it, and rattan it too expensive, and not worthy with this cost. Maybe- 4p armor and make other point better, and discount price for they. Fixx viet need more thing they are not ok. After all mayan now get chance u technology best, op skirm dont need im skir of Viet haha, need delete paper, and fix rattan it ok, not thing to op. Just make they back to stanrd civil

The only thing that makes me sad: they got the worst BE. I would like to see a small buff on that direction, just to make it viable. Actually itā€™s just an ok meatshield.

Surely Malay elephants are the worst? Malay elephants are pretty good in castle age due to cost efficiency but by post-imp they get absolutely shredded since they miss 2 armor techs and bloodlines. Even archers just laugh at them as they kill them instantly.

Chantras isnā€™t very useful but at least they can actually tank damage unlike Malay later on.

1 Like

i really like this

this makes sense and shouldnt boost them too much. at least it adds something persistent to the tech

Well, malay got the best BE in early castle age. Sure they are terrible in imp but viet BE are never good. At best they are ok in few situation (against civ with super bad spearline like turc or tatar). For me chantra should be a civ bonus and a medium UT could be added (i donā€™t know what).
And if paper money was a castle age tech, it could also be useful on megarandom when the map generation give you 4 or 5 gold piles and help you to go to imp (where you can shine in trashwar with elite skirm).

2 Likes

My idea hold on for rattan and paper money change and fix :slight_smile:

Arent rattans good enough?

1 Like

I think they are, slightly less strong and versitile than plumes, but at the same time they hard counter units like plumes, arbs, longbows and CA.

1 Like

True,in my last match, some of rattan archers countered all my portoguese arb army.

Fortunately, i could remake my eco thanks to feitoria and swotched to skirms. Rattans are not as good against them

I think @NarrowBubbles54 meant the price.
If we would want to make them more easy to mass, i wpuld give to vietnamese gold shaft mining tech instead. This would be wood feee and help to mass any late game gold unit viets need (trebs, BBC, rattan, even cavaliers or elephants)

1 Like

I really see one time UT as lackluster and donā€™t belong to AoE 2. Those UT belong more to AoE 3. I hope they rework all the one time UT to both one time and permanent effect just like the Flemish Revolution of Burgundians.

1 Like

I donā€™t see a problem in ā€œone time useā€ UTs itself, but that one time have to be worth.

Paper money is good in my opinion, way better than the other viet UT. The only change that I would made is that they give back a 1:1 food/wood - gold ratio, which would be something really unique for the whole game.

3 Likes

Many thing but the rttan and paper really need change.
1 rattan, expensive but shoot slow, and damage not better plum ar plum +2 damage to infantry, 65 hp, melle aarrmor 2ā€¦ Pi arm 2 tanker better cheaper. Damage same, lose 1 to 2 only ca, but they update by food and wood.
2: paper money not start in Viet it begin from china. And this tech make by fake dynasty of Viet Ho suck.

paper money is good. It keeps the momentum on and its important in 1v1 as well as in team game. In 1v1 game it is very decent, in team game it is a great support in middle-imp when gold starts to run out and trades are not set yet.
Many bonuses are effective within a time-window and why canā€™t that be a unique tech?

1 Like

If the VNS need something, it is only changing their stupid paper money, this UT is completely useless, if you want to keep it, then make paper money give the VNS player 800gold at least not 500 and i suggest to reduce itā€™s cost too, or make paper money costs only 500 wood and give the player 500gold and 500food.

1 Like

Need rattan archer too it indeed more