Vikings Buff

But they are…

Berserkers are an insane units (fast, tanky, with an insane atk and regen, giving back all his value, on top of that they are incredibly cheap), their champs are among the tankiest, and they are the only civ with pike that have nothing to envy to halbs.

And they have FU foot archers too, one of the best eco bonus, and great water play, what more do you want?

1 Like

Their pikes are really sub par in relation to halbs.

And they need a UT to make those berserks from the baracks FGS!

Scrap extra regeneration, we need barracks trainable berzerks!

Are you talking about the same civ?

Their pikes win vs a FU halbs, and they deal the same damage vs cavalry since they survive more thanks to their extra HP, and by so place more hits.

Those are the goths, Berserkers train at 14/10 seconds per unit, with is among the fastest TT, and their 2 UT greatly improves the unit, why replace them?

1 Like

Who cares about pike vs halb?

Who fights halbs with pikes?

You need to kill horses or elephants with them!

Also what the *** means these are the goths, do you even Tarkan?

Vikings are already an incredible civ with incredible eco, infantry, navy, and solid archers. No need for buff anywhere here! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Tbh I don’t think this would be really good, why would you want to use the slowest ship in the game as transport? Your units might be safer in there, but what’s the use when it lets the enemy all the time in the world to prepare for your landing?

1 Like

It’s a comparison to show that vikings pikes are on the same level of a generic halbs, ad as I already told you, even if they have less bonus damage, they survive longher and place more hits, they end up dealing more damage than a halb.

Also, consider that a vikings pike deal 25 bonus damage instead of 21, and that champs and Berserkers too deal 4 bonus damage to cavalry.

Ok I literally didn’t understand a word of what you said. What does tarkans have to do with any of this?

And the goth are the civ that have the tech that allows huskarls (not berserkers) to be trained at barracks, and that is because for goths that is balanced.

Vikings do not have and neither need a tech to train berserkers at barracks.

Vikings are supposed to be weak vs cavalry in Imp. If anything their unique tech put them from ok to lower S-Tier. Real Vikings lost vs Knights.

1 Like

Nope, they dont. They lose a fight in some numbers. It’s not even that close.
Overall a FU Halbs is slightly better than a Viking Pikeman. Viking Pikemen are closer in strength to FU Halbs than they are to regular FU Pikemen though.

Anyway, Vikings are very strong, basically across all settings. No need to buff them in any way.

True, my bad I forgot that halbs receive +2 base damage, but onestly the gap isn’t that big, FU halbs takes 12 shots from a pike, and vikings pikes take 10 hits from a halbs.
Considering that they perform similar vs cavalry, and that you save the resources from the hlab upgrade.

Also, vikings probably have the strongest and better we’ll rounded infantry unit in the whole game, so definitely their infantry is strong, and don’t need any buff.

Only among the strongest, but the Japanese, Teutons, Burmese, Aztecs and even Slavs have much stronger things.

Well, I agree that slavs and japs infantry have more raw power, but in my opinion berserkers are more flexible and viable in more situations.

They are good vs other infantry (with the exception of TK, samurais and JW), they melt cavalry, and they are also pretty fast, making them more able to jump onto archers.

On top of that they regenerate, and the ability to retreat fast when they need and regenerate to fill health is priceless…

Burmese and aztecs are good, but not on the level of vikings in my opinion, and teutons are more tanky only in melee fights, which means that is already a more situational bonus.

Threads like these is the reason this forum gets made fun of by aoe zone people.

9 Likes

How does this thread have 30+ replies? :joy::joy: How are yall willing to negotiate with such a ludicrous idea? Im not even going to waste my time reading the comments.

The discussion should have ended here…

3 Likes

It would be perfectly balanced by adjusting how many units may garrison inside the longboats - for instance up to 4-8 and if needed, only berserks may garrison longboats while all other units must use transports - just imagining it - so darn cool

Well lets be honest, almost any thread here derails into a discussion about weird balance proposals based on either “historical accuracy” (by people who have no clue about history, mind you) or 20yo civ descpritions. So its really nothing special.

I agree! After a bit if thought, I’m thinking adjusting the number to 0 would be perfect for the balance.

It would generally be used when the enemy is really fortified, such as an entire island surrounded with navy/malay docks/ walls/bombard tower fortifications and landing units can make or break a game - it provides extra utility in hard situations

I laughed - in all seriousness, this is perfectly able to be balanced well to ensure vikings become more visually correct and fun to play without actually buffing them much at all - considering the possibility of the longboats being sunk on the front lines, in some cases it might be a nerf.

1 Like

AOE zone are clowns with red noses and all.

They have been playing 20 years and small kids like hera have them for breakfast.