Villager Construct Animation Glitch

Game Version:

• Build: 36211
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: RadiatingBlade

Issue:

During an online 2v2 multiplayer random map game my ally migrated to my island and started harvesting resources. Once they started to build farms their villagers glitched.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. Play an online multiplayer game with at least one ally.
  2. Observe how the villager animation glitches when they build something.

ATTACHMENTS:

3 Likes

I have seen it in single-player too. When you attack villagers during construction they will do a similar bounce up and down glitch while moving along a line. It’s bizarre.

1 Like

Hey there! I don’t suppose you have a replay file for this particular game? I’d love to get it passed along to the team so they can do a deeper dive into what disrupted these particular villagers. You can upload the file to a Google Drive or OneDrive folder and share the link below.

Thanks for the report!

1 Like

Hi @GMEvangelos, On the day I reported this bug I had played several RM MP games. See attached logs from the games around the time this bug report topic was created but before it was posted. I’ll automatically share this info on future bug reports.

2020.05.02-17.34.12_base_log.txt (1.4 KB) 2020.05.02-16.57.40_base_log.txt (24.4 KB) 2020.05.02-18.38.27_base_log.txt (797 Bytes) 2020.05.02-17.57.03_base_log.txt (19.2 KB)

2 Likes

I have a savegame from build 46777 (latest update at the moment of posting this):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lZWhJsliq89M6J_JI-YXLRtNQrZcrPzt/view?usp=sharing

Happened to me in Reign of the Hittites 2: Raid on Babylon. I commanded three villagers to build a storage pit, then a granary and two farms (all tightly close to each other). The first to build a farm did it with no issues, as well as the second one, who successfully started building the other. However, a third villager was stuck on a loop, not being able to do anything other than this:
buggedbuilder46777

Notice that in order to preserve the bug, I stopped the builder that properly started constructing the farm (which by the way, made some progress on it). Commanding the ‘working’ villager to finish the farm stops the buggy one from trying, but sending the last one to build a new farm brings back the issue; commanding him to construct a house, and then cancelling it to start a new farm again, acts as a workaround.

Here’s a bigger view on the bug happening:

1 Like

Yes, this has happened a lot to me too in multiplayer games, the best solution for now is to send them to do something else and put a different villager to build that farm.
Not that hard of a workaround, but hope it gets fixed in the one update we get a year if lucky.

1 Like