- Build: 101.101.36906.0 4941835
- Platform: Steam
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Gamertag: Yorok
Villager count calculation includes fishing ships and trade units in post-game statistics, but doesn’t include them in in-game UI. This logic is not derivable from textual descriptions, which in all cases mention just “villagers”. This is confusing and seems to have no rational explanation.
I suggest to fix this inconsistency by also including fishing ships and trade units in in-game UI villager count. This would be consistent with idle villager count and in clear contrast with rest of the population being military units. “Pure” villager count (without fishing ships and trade units) can be displayed in economic mini-map view along with fishing ships and trade units.
- Start Forge an Alliance scenario and observe, that you start with 10 villagers
- Build dock and train 1 fishing ship
- Build market and train 1 trade cart
- Observe, that in UI top-left section “Number of villagers” is still 10 and “Idle villagers” is 12 (inconsistent)
- Quit current game to statistics screen
- Open society tab and observe, that “Villager high” has tooltip “The highest villager population attained by each player” and value 12 (different from in-game UI “Number of villagers”)
- Open timeline tab and observe, that when mouse is hovered over population timeline, then tooltip is displayed “A display of player villager (light) and military (dark) population …”. It is visible from timeline, that trained fishing ship and trade cart were included in villager population