Villagers standing next to resources without collecting them

Game Version:

• Build 35199
  • Steam version

Issue:

Villagers frequently stand next to a resource, as if there wasn’t any space for them to collect it, even when it is clear that they have access to it.
It is common for a hunter to stand idly behind another hunter extracting food from a gazelle, don’t moving around to collect the food from the other side. As with the first example, there is plenty space for him to do so.
This is also a problem with fisherman. The player need to conduct the villager manually to a position from where he can catch the fish, when there is already space for him to do so by himself.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Order two or more villagers to extract a resource, primarily stone, gold, food from gazelles and fishes, and observe their behavior.

4 Likes

It also happens to me often and is very irritating especially in the early ages of the game.:unamused:

3 Likes

I knew this was a bug too!! Will add it to the list including a link to this thread.

1 Like

When collecting these three resources, they stand there for 2 seconds (at least), and then they continue the gathering. It’s annoying since not even manually it is possible to make them do what they should. The AI takes too much time to adapt to its surroundings and new changes in the environment.

1 Like

True fact. Even classic aoe worked at this point.

3 Likes

Thank you for the report! I’ve added this bug to our investigation list!

4 Likes

Game Version:

• Build: 46777
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10

Issue:

While using classic mode (issue appears to be exclusive to that mode), hunters are prone to be obstructed by others working on the dead animal, getting stuck and being unable to find a new path to keep working.

Reproduction steps:

Select a villager and tell him to go gather food on an animal that’s already been hunted and is currently occupied by at least a hunter.

Attachments:

Huntersnotgatheringfood

Expected result:

That villagers find their way to gather food, even if the straight path is obstructed by other units, environmental objects or any type of avoidable obstacle.

3 Likes

When close to the edges of the map, villagers (in this case, hunters) get stuck and do not seek for alternative routes in order to perform their tasks (build 46777):
notgathering!

1 Like

I think thats a problem of pathfinding.

1 Like

It most definitely is. It always has been. At least the pathfinding, marginally, improved with the release of DE.

2 Likes

To me this is critical. Units should be able to find an alternative route if they have a chance to do so. It’s a basic behavior that should exist in any RTS game.

1 Like