šŸ—³ VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - August 24

Itā€™s that time for you to weigh in on the maps you want to see in the next 1v1 Ranked Map Pool! Here are FOUR of the SEVEN (total) maps that will be showing up in the next map pool update:

MAP 1 MAP 2 MAP 3 MAP 4
Example_1 Example_2 Example_3 Example_4
ARABIA ARENA GOLDEN SWAMP RUNESTONES

Now itā€™s your turn to vote for the THREE (3) maps that youā€™d like to see join the pool. Of the options below, the three that receive the most votes by Sunday will be added to the map pool next week!

:white_check_mark: VOTING ENDS: 2021-08-22T19:00:00Z

:arrows_counterclockwise: NEW MAP ROTATION: August 24

VOTE: 1v1 RMR

Vote for your 3 favorite maps! Donā€™t forget to click the ā€˜Vote now!ā€™ button at the bottom of the post once youā€™ve locked in your choices.

• Choice_1 Acropolis
  • Choice_2 Budapest
  • Choice_3 Cenotes
  • Choice_4 Fortress
  • Choice_5 Frigid Lake
  • Choice_6 Mongolia
  • Choice_7 Nomad
  • Choice_8 Oasis
  • Choice_9 Steppe

0 voters

Thanks for participating in this weekā€™s poll! :white_circle::black_circle:

7 Likes

Zenotes, frigid lake: there are enough maps for old-arabia lovers!

wait, they are among the least voted onesā€¦

ā€œNothing but sand and rock. Nice place to build a prison.ā€ LOL :nerd_face: :heavy_check_mark: :ballot_box_with_check: :white_check_mark:

1 Like

They have nothing to do with arabia, And Frigid Lake is one of the worst map designs tbh. It totally fails what appearently was the intention.
Maps with nothing in the middle to fight about are just weird concepts. Whatā€™s the point of getting control of desert (new arabia) or cracked ice? And a pont in the middle is even worse as it doesnā€™t change that generally but restricts the early game heavily.

Maps differ in way more than just being agressive or less agressive. And even there old arabia was more agressive than both of your mentioned maps. And in the mid and lategame new arabia is even less agressive than the old one cause your expansion is easier to protect. Only in the early game new arabia is more agressive.

Both of these mentioned maps are very ristrictive in what is viable there, they are a terrible comparison for arabia, they arenā€™t ā€œversatileā€ maps.

1 Like

why would you ever want two nomad maps in a ranked queueā€¦

4 Likes

They should make steppe fixed start.
There is actually no point to make that map nomad tbh, it just makes it unfair sometimes.
Or they need to change the map in a way the nomad start does make sense.

1 Like

I mean in one way the nomad start gives the player options. Either they can place the tc further out to take deer, right in the middle of the base, or against the woodline. I myself like that with steppe.

1 Like

Everybody not TCing his berries right away in Steppe, please cry.

Exactly, thats why iā€™m saying its giving people options how you want to approach the game :slight_smile:

Arabia and Runestones, plus possibility to vote in Acropolis <3
It only misses Atacama :slight_smile:

Welp, Iā€™m staying away from this rotation. Steppe is too luck based even for my tastes. Acropolis is too YOLO. The YOLO version of Arabia is getting a bit dullā€¦ wow, there just arenā€™t enough bans to cover all the bad mapsā€¦

I like Frigid Lake.
It has water in the middle, but it contains way less fish than e.g. the middle water in Mediterranean, which means that every player has to be strategic about finding a healthy balance between fighting on water and on land. It also means that civilizations with water bonuses, like the Italians, can use these bonuses, but it is not like the water civs would be the only good civs on this map.
Also, I like the fact that it has non-standard resources. It means players have to adapt and figure out how to play the early game on this map.
Lastly, I think the fact that you cannot build Farms around your initial Town Center is an interesting and creative way to spice up the map and make it more open. I am usually better on closed maps myself, but I would give this one a try.

3 Likes

I find the lack of water maps disturbingā€¦

3 Likes

Give us a ā€˜Full Randomā€™ option to vote for! These maps are getting so boring, especially Arabia, Black Forest and Arena.

3 Likes

would love to see that too to be honest :smiley: but your statement doesnt make too much sense since you list ā€œBlack Forestā€ which hasnt been in the Map pool a single time in 16 months 11