šŸ—³ VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - August 25!

Why are there no maps from the RB tournament in the poll or picks from the devs? Would be nice to see such maps in the map pool too!

2 Likes

GOGO Hideout , GO!!!
It is a great map and we love it !
And it is not an Arena version like some people think. The feeling I have while playing Hideout is different from the Arena feeling. I hope Cross makes it up there , too

1 Like

seriously i have played mostly nomad for like 5 years, (also arabia and other maps) but i really love that map and a lot of people do too, i think you really messing it up, the reason nobody liked nomad on DE was becose the map generation was HORRIBLE no shore fish, super bugged, etc, so please make a competitive decent nomad and make it a fixed map in the pool, becose there is a lot of people that only want to play that map, i can name a few pro players that love that map, kotex, mkd_dace, project_belgium, etcā€¦ and it is not comparable to ANY other map but arabia and arena, those were always the main maps played back in voobly on 1v1 and was very competitive. I dont think there are players that really love gold rush or golden pit or hideout, those are curious maps that get boring very fast, nomad is a map you hate or you love, and i think it should be an option, people can still ban it. We had nomad tournaments 1v1 and nomad Team game tournaments, but i never heard of a ā€œHideout tournamentā€ or a ā€œgold rush tournamentā€ so you need to realize keeping nomad out of the scene is a big mistake, and is messing up all the nomad players, that i believe are manyā€¦ So please reconsider on making a nomad competitive map fixed forever and also it is going to need a few more balances before TC is up, like no bonuses AT ALL on the start (no loom goths, no fast walking vills berebers, no faster building tc spanish etc, that would be my advice. Thanks for reading.

If I could have socotra, mega random, land nomad and Arabia and ban the rest I would be pretty happy.

OK delete it man,
it is a democracy, nobody forced you to play it

1 Like

Hideout and Gold Rush are tournament staples. Wanting the devs to fix map generation? Good luck with that.
Wouldnā€™t mind switching Arena with a bearable Nomad in the fixed TG map pool though.

I never heard a gold rush tournament or a hideout tournament, becose those are boring maps, but i know there have been NOMAD 1v1 2v3 3v3 and 4v4 big prizepool tournaments, and a lot of pro players used to love that game mode (becose is not only a map is a complete different game mode like DM) is a big mistake to forget nomad like if it was just another map, as i said is a complete different game mode, and is loved and hated by a lot of people, but one thing is sure, nomad is as important as arabia, arena or bf, is mandatory that nomad should always be on the map pool, and banning it, is like banning arabia or arena, is a mistake becose is a map that has been always part of the game, not like hideout, gold rush and other maps that nobody is going to miss and can simply rotate.

1 Like

100% agree, they killed my most loved mode

1 Like

A question to the devs:
Will you include new maps to the game over time like Bay Green Arabia or Land Madness?
Would be awesome to have them at some point as possibilities for the ranked rotation.

4 Likes

and of course Battle of Africa II maps or RBW maps

3 Likes

Your arguments are a bit disingenious, I can just invert them and say Nomad hasnā€™t been part of the bigger tournaments because it is not as competitive as Hideout even though it may be not as boringā€¦ And would you consider banning BF as a mistake or did you leave it out intentionally? I donā€™t think we need more fixed maps, that would mean very few maps actually rotate.
What would be better is a rework of the DM queue into a queue for the bit less serious gamemodes where some maps are DM, some EW and with Nomad, BF, Megarandom and infinite Bans.

For the people suggesting tournament maps we wonā€™t see that because the devs for some reason are afraid of straight up copying these maps into the main game so for a tournament map to make it into the map pool they would need to build their own, ~inspired version like Four Lakes or Golden Swamp of it first. We donā€™t even play the fixed, tournament version of Arabiaā€¦ Maybe they think tournament maps focus too much on competitivity, or they arenā€™t visually polished enough, or they are afraid of making money with other peoples work, whatever the reason is it is a shame since there are so many nice maps out there and we have seen a new map every few updates only so far, there are probably around 1-2 people left working on DE.

2 Likes

I dont know if you are new to the game, (less than 3 years) or what, but nomad had many big tournaments with high prizepools (tournaments where all maps played are nomad) in the age when tournaments were super small, and viper and daut were playing for 300$ prize pool max, we had nomad 2v2 and paladin with mr yo team were super strong, we had nomadness for 600$ i believe, etc i dont remember all the tournaments but i can tell you one thing, nomad is a major map just like arena or arabia, is part of AoE and you cant quit it from the draft, even if you dont like nomad, argueing nomad is not an important map is being an ignorant of this game. If you donā€™t trust me, you can check this post i made on aoezone where there is a lot of people dedicated to the game discusing about it https://www.aoezone.net/threads/we-need-nomad-back.168568/#post-690268

Well, calling someone ignorant who doesnā€™t see nomad as a major map is a bit over the top, imo. A lot of people like nomad and have been playing it for quite some time but there is even more people who dislike it and have been doing so for quite some time. So, yes nomad has been a thing historically but imo that has been due to most people just playing a lot of arabia while in times of a ranked map pool itā€™s rather likely that arabia fans prefer other maps over nomad. So I wouldnā€™t exactly call nomad a major map. Also maps as gold rush and hideout have been featured a lot in recent major tournaments which isnā€™t the case for nomad. So the tourney argument doesnā€™t really work, imo. Still, I can understand peopleā€™s frustration when they canā€™t play their favorite map and I guess just as mega random has been set be the devs for this pool, the same will probably happen with nomad in a future pool because these maps arenā€™t very likely to be voted in although some players really like them.

3 Likes

Also the fact that nomad is not being used in tournaments is becose, is a very different map i would say is kind of a different game mode, is like if you put DM on a RM tournament, you expect viper having a huge advantage becose he is DM #1 so nomad is way more different game than any other map, i would say arabia, bf, arena, mr, islands and any other maps are very similar to each other, compared to nomad, nomad is about improvising a lot, it requires a lot of experience to master, to know where and when to place your tc, to balance your food eco at the start, so that would be unfair to players that dont have a lot of experience on nomad on a tournament, maybe some top players like lierey, that are 100% meta players would struggle a lot, and would favor players like mr yo or viper that has a lot of improvisation skills.

Hey I doubt many people replying here have only been playing for a month, personally Iā€™ve been playing on and off for about 6 years now so maybe stop making assumptions and bring something else to the discussion.

The first step for Nomad in DE ranked would be to get the current horrible version of nomad fixed, so maybe some Nomad fan should make a thread arguing why the changes from Voobly Nomad to DE Nomad weā€™re bad, obviously the devs arenā€™t convinced right now.

Then you say it yourself, Nomad is less like some of the other maps in the pool and more like a different gamemode, past tournaments treated it like that as well. So would the RM queue be the best place for it, especially since there is not really space left for another fixed map? I think the DM queue is a bit of a waste of a queue, we have more maps and gamemodes that donā€™t really fit into the RM queue, so maybe rework that queue to get a home for these modes/maps.

I agree on a few things, first i apoloogize for my behaviour, im a bit salty about this specific topic. I agree devs need to fix the map, and make some more balances as i said before like making null all civ bonuses before tc is up, but i dont think nomad needs to be on another category, is still RM same resources, same ages, and it has been like that for years, giving people the option to ban that map or to put a favorite map for me is more than enough.

People forgot you can also play in the lobby if you just want to play one map only. If a map is popular (like some people claim), there will be a huge community in the lobby. If it is not popular, then it is also much harder to get into a Nomad game in the lobby.

Personally i dont like the lobby, so i dont play there, so i have no idea how much Nomad games are hosted in the lobby. I do like some Nomad from time to time, so for me i can be part of the map pool from time to time.

no point playing unranked games, u already say it you dont like the lobby, nobody does since it is not competitive, except casual players, or in special situations like hosting a tournament game or a community game. And yes nomad in voobly for example was the second or third most played map after arabia in the lobby, and probably many nomad players still playing on voobly just becose they cant play it on ranked on DE.

Your reaction shows me there is no large competative nomad community on DE anymore and thus it dont needs to be a fixed map. In the poll above it isnt also not voted many times compared to other maps.

So while there are still some players that want to play Nomad, most players dont want the map in the map pool. In the end the map pool cant be satisfying for everyone at every moment in time.

Like i said: I am not against Nomad in the map pool, but i enjoy many maps.

i dont know how you expect to have a large competitive nomad comunity when nomad IS NOT ON THE MAP POOL, how do you expect people to play that map competitively, your comentary absurd. If you make assumptions of aoe competitive scene based on ā€œmy reactionā€ probably your criterious is very poor.

1 Like