šŸ—³ VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - December 01!

Itā€™s that time for you to weigh in on the maps you want to see in the next 1v1 Ranked Map Pool! Here are FOUR of the SEVEN (total) maps that will be showing up in the next map pool update:

MAP 1 MAP 2 MAP 3 MAP 4
ARABIA ARENA MIGRATION SERENGETI

Now itā€™s your turn to vote for the THREE (3) maps that youā€™d like to see join the pool. Of the options below, the three that receive the most votes by Sunday will be added to the map pool on December 01!

:white_check_mark: VOTING ENDS: 2020-11-29T20:00:00Z

:white_check_mark: NEW MAP ROTATION: December 01!

COMMUNITY VOTE: 1v1 RMR

Vote for your 3 favorite maps! Donā€™t forget to click the ā€˜Vote now!ā€™ button at the bottom of the post once youā€™ve locked in your choices.

• Bogland
  • Gold Rush
  • Hill Fort
  • Mediterranean
  • MegaRandom
  • Mountain Ridge
  • Oasis
  • Rivers
  • Socotra

0 voters

Thanks for participating in this weekā€™s poll! :white_circle::black_circle:

3 Likes

Really? First Nile Delta, now Migration. I donā€™t get it.
Yes, those can be fun maps for unranked Teamgames. But in 1v1 ranked? I see most people banning itā€¦

5 Likes

Socotra! Letā€™s gooo!

I also love Mega Random

8 Likes

No Black Forest for 1v1 anymore?
please!

2 Likes

Never before, I have had difficulties finding three maps at all that are reasonable to vote for in 1v1. Not a great fan of the map selection, this timeā€¦ Where are the ā€œstandardā€ maps?

1 Like

No Antartica? Why???

8 Likes

This might become the worst 1v1 map pool so farā€¦

7 Likes

just use whole map list and
Make ladder rank for Each map.

that is simply absurd, canā€™t think of a single RTS that uses as many maps as AoE2 has that would use them all in ranked.

as for this - given the general love of Arabia, having a ladder rank for each map would be a gigantic waste of time. we already have maps that see sub 1% playrate, and adding more maps would shrink that further.

Arabia has gone all the way up to 64% of all games played (all skill levels), and is up to nearly 80% of all 1650+ games played. thats up from 60% and 75% just after KotD3.

Black forest is a cool map but becomes very boring and predictable in explored modus.

So you want to vote before you dying?

I would preffer to have rivers or Mediterranean in the 1v1 pool map

1 Like

Where is Nomad? BibleThump

2 Likes

Why do peeple always pick the same maps?
Socotra, Gold Rush and MegaRandom just left the rotationā€¦

1 Like

Probably because they enjoy those maps or donā€™t like the others

1 Like

Elo for each map doesnt make sense. One could use elo for map categories (water map, nomad start, hybrid map, closed map, open map) as long as the inital elo on those maps is determined by your other maps. But what do you do with new players then? If someone is playing all maps and getting steadily better at the game what happens then? Either he progresses super slowly, or he starts to dislike some maps, banning them and having an elo of 1000 on water maps, but gets up to 1400 or even higher on open land maps. Now what happens if he goes back to playing water maps? he needs around 20 consecutive wins or so to get up to 1400.

Sure, this could be solved several ways:
Elo of maps that are not played for either a month, or in your past 50 games (arbatrary numbers picked) get adjusted to either your highest, or your average 1v1 elo.
Win streaks generate more elo per won game.

But it has many ways to cause problems and I dont think the current elo system works too bad.
It probably does not take more than 5 consecutive losses for me to get to an elo where I feel players being significantly worse than my top elo, and that is usually enough time to get used to a new strategy/map and I can start climbing again.

Only way to get fatslob to DE

2 Likes

I canā€™t believe more peoplevoted for bogland than for Mediterranean or rivers. Do you hate waret so much?

1 Like

With migration there is already a water map. I dont think many players want multiple water maps.