🗳 VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - January 11

It’s that time for you to weigh in on the maps you want to see in the next 1v1 Ranked Map Pool! Here are FOUR of the SEVEN (total) maps that will be showing up in the next map pool update:

MAP 1 MAP 2 MAP 3 MAP 4
Example_1 Example_2 Example_3 Example_4
ARABIA ARENA HIDEOUT MEGARANDOM

Now it’s your turn to vote for the THREE (3) maps that you’d like to see join the pool. Of the options below, the three that receive the most votes by Sunday will be added to the map pool next week!

:white_check_mark: VOTING ENDS: 2022-01-09T20:00:00Z

:arrows_counterclockwise: NEW MAP ROTATION: January 11

VOTE: 1v1 RMR

Vote for your 3 favorite maps! Don’t forget to click the ‘Vote now!’ button at the bottom of the post once you’ve locked in your choices.

• Choice_1 Atacama
  • Choice_2 Baltic
  • Choice_3 Crater
  • Choice_4 Four Lakes
  • Choice_5 Kawasan
  • Choice_6 Mongolia
  • Choice_7 Nomad
  • Choice_8 Socotra
  • Choice_9 Valley

0 voters

Thanks for participating in this week’s poll! :white_circle::black_circle:

1 Like

If atacama is the best option to vote for…
Looks like a leftover casserole this time.

2 Likes

Does it really matter? As long as we dont have AOC Arabia there is no real rotation.

2 Likes

Nomad let’s go! and please no Socotra >_<

1 Like

No to nomad - yes to mongolia, crater and baltic

2 Likes

Master of Socotra 2 is going to happening. I hope Socitra can be included in the pool.

Neat, we’re getting hideout. I was getting really sick and tired of the almost entirely open pool.

Let’s go Mongolia and Four Lakes! My vils need more protein in their diet.

3 Likes

So many awesome options here that I didn’t even end up voting for Nomad! :smiley:
The dev choices are solid too.

It would be funny if the 11th is where we get the next update

No water map among the dev picks? Well, then voting is easy… Baltic, Four lakes, nomad, there you go… let’s hope for 2/3 at least…

Ooo where’s master of socatra2 and 1 even. Where can I watch?

You can watch mos 1 on jon slows channel, he’s the host. He’ll also cast part 2 once it will happen.

2 Likes

Why do people vote for socotra? That map is pretty trash.

2 Likes

seems like there are some people really liking this map.
Hate it or love it…

1 Like

I have been scouring the frontpage of ageofempires. com to find the poll this time around. Did someone forget to pin it? The votes were already done by the time I realised there was a new map pool. Please make this more visible. I literally check the official website every second day to check for new map votes…

1 Like

It is pinned in the Aoe2 Discussion as always, until the voting period ends.

1 Like

Great map pool this cycle, much better than the previous. Good variety of open/closed, land/water/hybrid. Even some of the ones that didn’t win the vote are interesting and fun, like Baltic, Mongolia, and Valley.

1 Like

Indeed, this is the best map pool as a whole since a very long time. Even though a pure water map is missing, it has the tremendous advantage of having Nomad, Hideout, and Four lakes in, so it’s nearly a guarantee to get a fun map that deviates from standard Arabia/Arena gameplay.

2 Likes

Honestly, I see two insta bans(nomad, mega random) that waste bans and a severe lack of a map even coming close to runestones (Arabia currently has way too many claustrophobic hills next to the town center more often than not.) Out of the maps the one that comes closest to runestones is socotra, and the stone piles there are too small even tho I am capable of adapting to it well enough. Four lakes is the next in line, however It’s really not my style, may practice it more later but essentially 2 map bans wasted and a third will likely be used on arabia while starring socotra. Everything else is bearable, but nothing that stands out as enjoyable, socotra being the better of the rotten litter.

Would’ve been much better off and fun with:

Kawasan

Baltic

Crater

Mongolia

Runestones

Arena

Islands

@icicle83
@WrathofInnos