🗳 VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - January 11

Well nomad is indeed a different game mode, it just happens to have a map of the same name. That doesn’t necessarily mean it shouldn’t be included in the queue though.

except its not:
Aoe2 Game Modes

Could it be made into a game mode where you could play it on any map? yes!
Is it? No.

2 Likes

It most certainly could be re-classified - and fortress is practically made for regicide.

There’s an incoming ranked lobby system on its way that will be releasing in the months ahead for death match - I’d like to see that expanded to multiple modes - I feel nomad should be one of those modes and separate from the standard queue. That alongside many other mode additions will increase the popularity of the ranked lobby system. It’s my belief that only adding death match to it will be detrimental in the long run in terms of gauging ranked lobby popularity.

Following that an addition of a multi-mode queue to replace empire wars yet will still contain empire wars within the party mode while adding or subtracting elo towards whatever game mode you roll into rather than an elo for the queue itself(if you want a certain mode the lobby system would be there) would be fun af to have especially for friends playing together and wanting to have random fun.

1 Like

Is there new info you have on this? Or is it just the same promise they made when they axed the ranked ladder?

Yeah you can’t select it as a game mode (as you can in aoe1) bc it simply doesn’t make sense on most maps. That why the nomad start is build in the maps themselves. Doesn’t change it’s a different mode from rm though.

2 Likes

Bring back runestones please! it was the best map for ranked

2 Likes

Agreed, it’s fairly well balanced and, unlike arabia, has great hill generations that don’t surround the town center catastrophically in claustrophobic manner.

1 Like

In regards to battle royal - I tried it a few times but never really understood it well - its main flaw is that it’s hard to grasp and approach, which turns away players from that game-mode.

Why ya all still answerinc that clown healfortress he can have his belives that nomad and stuff belong in a different category but it doesnt change the fact that ** Nomad** is an rm map just like all other variants an is loved in the community. Stubborness wont erase facts and it wont certainly erase that he trys to force his agenda on us

2 Likes

Oh you can already test it out in the pup_january beta branch on steam. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The fact is that nomad is a separate game mode that was unable to be added in like regicide and death match were - it was added in via random map scripts so that the maps it was on made sense for the mode.

I’m pretty sure a nomad ‘mode’ without proper scripting for nomad specifically on a map not made specifically for nomad would result in villagers appearing closed off within trees and the like away from the others much like sheep and boar and other resources sometimes would.

In age of empires 1 it was a separate game mode and it still is.

You’ll have to remember that age 2 has only recently been placed into a queue system - the random map scripts are to be looked at objectively one by one to determine if they’re suited for the standard start ranked queue. Nomad doesn’t make that cut, and neither does the current mega random.

They’ll do well in a separate queue, the ranked lobby system or both.

In mega random’s case specifically I would like a new version to be introduced that standardizes the start (1 tc, 3 vills+civ bonuses, 1 normal/eagle scout and with or without walls or towers.(fortress’ flaw is the extra villagers and possibly the castle, it belongs to the regicide gamemode)) and then it would be a perfect addition to the standard ranked queue, and I feel I would personally play it often then.

Hey, i want to say Something to the “nomad is separate gamemode” discussion since the absence of counter arguments gets interpretated as approval. Please let them be. I dont enjoy mega random that much, but i do Like nomad in tg especially. If you dont want to Play them, Ban them. I do the Same with maps i dont Like. Think of them as separate gamemodes, i dont care, but let them be. And dont say Go to the Lobby. Do you know how hard it ist to Go to the Lobby? I get kicked out of so many Michi or black Forrest lobbies just because im in the 1400-1500 ELO range(which isnt that good afterall). Its so hard to find a fun Game. A really frustrating expierence.

4 Likes

Hey!!

Y’all know when the next voting will take place?

1 Like

kinda hard to ban both nomad and mega random and only have one ban left to spare or even no bans left if there’s more than one nomad and mega random in the mix, which means playing on less than satisfactory maps you couldn’t ban. and that’s just 1 vs 1 - if queueing single team games you can only ban one and have the chance to dread the other. unless in a team, and even then sometimes the bans will not work and you’ll get the banned map anyways, or at least so I hear. I would rather have spent the bans on maps I might consider playing than to be forced to ban entirely separate game modes I absolutely won’t consider playing within that particular queue. Elo on nomad vs elo in regular standard play is very different, if I’m forced into nomad by someone who actually practices it in the same standard elo or even below by 100 of mine I will lose 99% of the time. as for mega random, depends on if it gains the nomad start or double tcs or animal scouts for that matter.
in the standard queue, I would love to play with standard start. for a chaotic queue I would love to play chaotic starts of many types and modes and have that queue separate from the standard queue.

I would rather say ‘use the separate chaotic fun queue’.
alongside with saying ‘you also have the option of using the ranked lobby system(different from the current lobby system and will likely have advertisements for what elo is in each ranked lobby)’
as well as ‘the standard queue with a standardized mega random is available and nomad is available in the second queue along with many other fun modes’
among other wanted sayings.

the goal isn’t to exclude modes from the queue; the goal is to set the modes into a separate queue from the standard start queue while also adding those separate modes to the ranked lobby system for additional, more refined, game searches.

I am in this exact position also

1 Like

Guess I didn’t get invited, I don’t have a code for the beta.
EDIT: Actually think I figured it out, just now no1 online there testing it out for me to play against.

See, you dont have to explain it to me. I think I have read most of your posts regarding this issue. I mostly read quitely in this forum, but I just wanted to give a statement here. I always ban Arena for the exact same reason. I suck at it. Every now and then i dip my nose in just to get spanked and then bann it again. the same argument could be made here. I could try and learn it but im just too lazy. I see your problem but i dont think your solution is as good as you think.

2 Likes

I understand, however I believe arena is well within the standard start, as is 4 lakes, islands and even arabia regardless of its current faults. I know you mean well by the comparison, but in my personal opinion fortress would be the better comparison since it also doesn’t fall under the standard start.

that all being said, I understand where you’re coming from; I also suck at arena, and sometimes I will attempt it from time to time with mixed results, most of them negative. (my build type needs adjustment to counter any fast imp types.)

Hi, I’m already an insider but don’t have the steam beta access code. What do I need to do to get it?