šŸ—³ VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - July 14

the resources not being standard is one of the biggest selling points of mega random though. both are good maps, but theyre different things and none is a straight upgrade to the other

A nomad option would be awesome :pray:

8 Likes

Really loving the changes to the map pool, but we need more maps!

1 Like

Yeh, I donā€™t really know why people doesnā€™t like Golden Swamp. Itā€™s so good. Same story with Hideout

1 Like

Having ā€œstandard starting resourcesā€ allows for competitive gameplay as you can actually use build orders. Itā€™s nice to have boars, deers, berries, gold, stone and a woodline close to your tc. After that, Iā€™m 100% down for randomization which adds a whole new dimension to the game and keeps it fresh. I also like the orginial HyperRandom and all the crazy generations you can get, but I donā€™t think maps that wacky have their place in the ranked queue. They should be reserved for community games.

2 Likes

probably cause its difficult to learn, cause theres a more diverse set of viable strategies than on arabia

why would you have to be able to use build orders? you can have competitive gameplay without build orders, its just more difficult. i bet you, a good player could easily win on a completely random map against a bad player who has memorized the ideal build order for that map 100% of the time

3 Likes

what a surprise to see a very non large panel for choosing, for example, the map ā€œSocotraā€ is insanely forged for the 1vs1 and we canā€™t choose this unbelievable dramatic and dynamic match maker map. hope next time have this on the choice even if 1% will vote onā€¦ this is democracy :))))

1 Like

Loving this kind of support for the game we all love. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I want more arabia like maps with small twists. Like Ghost Lake, Mongolia and Valley! Just like it was on launch.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from :ballot_box: VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - July 14:

Nomad :heart: Please!

4 Likes

i liked the larger map pool on launch

2 Likes

Forest nothing option please! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Honestly I would prefer more maps in the pool so we get more variety. 7 Maps feels very repetitive more so when itā€™s actually 6 maps because Arena is always banned.

4 Likes

Please increase options to 9 map pools. 7 map pool with more popular map would hurt varieties

1 Like

Golden Swamp is fun. I want it back!

2 Likes

So bad vote pool. I cannot give 1 vote.
please make ā€œgive upā€ on the list

or make whole map list of AOE2 RM list
and then let us vote it

For people who actually just want to play Arabia, I recommend voting for Cenotes, Serengeti, and Ravines (because it looks like it has a better chance of edging out golden pit than acropolis). Those are the most ā€˜Arabia likeā€™, whereas four lakes (boats), golden pit (king of the hill essentially), and hideout (non open map) are not Arabia like.

The problem with more variety is that a lot of people donā€™t want variety and donā€™t want to be forced into it. If you crave variety, select ā€˜megarandomā€™ as a preference or experiment with non meta strategies instead of just spamming tons of xbows. There is really an amazing depth of possible strategies for each civ, and there are tons of civilizations with unique abilities and units, you shouldnā€™t be running out of variety of strategies/matchups. For example, just imagine all of the cool things you can do with flaming camels, longer range trebs, hand cannoneers, keshik and +25% additional elevation bonusā€¦ and thats just one civ!

Yes,for me Nomad is the most fun 1v1 map to play.

5 Likes